Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat in need of saving

Im not sure of this is the right forum for this but...

As i' m driving around (wasting time) at work i passed a house with a brat sitting in the back yard drive way. I circled the block to have another look. Yep its what i thought i saw. The tag says august of 2006. I pulled around front and knocked on the door. Turns out the guy that owns it was the janitor of my highschool. He said the car doesnt start because it has a melted plug to the ecu.(?) I asked him how much he wanted. He never would give ne a price. He says he wants to fix it. Uea right. I asked him several times for a price. He finally ended up telling me thay if he sold it i was fourth in line. I'll probably end up dropping by a few more times just incase. Lol. It looks like a good ride. No rust, has the jump seats and everything that goes with them. Its a manual trans with four wheel drive. Interior is good. Needless to say i want this car...

post-21439-0-77284200-1363868721_thumb.jpg

post-21439-0-34080500-1363868745_thumb.jpg

Unless it's a California car, it doesn't have an ECU.  All Brats had carbs.  And if it has factory jump seats, it's 85 or older, so no ECU.

Thats just what the guy said. I didnt have him show me or anything. Its a pretty clean little car. I wish he would have priced it!

Keep bugging him. Show up with what you think is a fair price I.E. 1000 bucks.....have it all in 20's. Have 800 of it already in a stack and wave it in front of him. I have gotten quite a few cars that way. 

• Like 1