Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what is the best option for a tranny that went to long between changes and is still a little funky one change latter? it has reg. in it now would i be better of with a semi synthetic or synthetic, or will reg. be the same in helping smooth it out again.

thanx for any help

You don't say whether you're talking about a standard or an automatic transmission, year of the car, or how many miles are on it. I'll assume its a standard tranny and pass on the following, even though I've never had a reason to use the product myself. I follow the TwinTurbo.net Forum for the 1990 - 96 Nissan 300ZX, since one sits in my garage along with several other toys. From time to time someone will ask how to fix a hard shifting or grinding 5 speed tranny, and everytime 8 or 10 people hop onto the thread to sing the praises of RedLine MT90 that they've added to their transmissions to fix, or dramatically reduce the problems with hard shifting or grinding noises. There must be something to it from the sheer number of responses that I've seen over the last several years. You have nothing to lose but the cost of the fluid and your time to put it in. It is not available everywhere, but usually is found in auto performance suppliers, according to what I recall from the forum. Hope this is of some help. By the way, if you choose to try it, will you get back to this thread and let us know how you made out?