Ultimate Subaru Message Board

notice anything wrong?

I was a diesel mechanic in the military. I have rebuilt one or two motors.

Just for trying to help you, i recomend to do both sides of the engine. Then when you has both heads removed, check the cylinders. Sometimes it is not necesary to do a comple rebuild of the engine.

I did a complete head cylinder rebuild with complete valve work some weeks ago. If you need help, it will be a pleasure to help you!

Sorry if make mistakes writting!

Just for trying to help you, i recomend to do both sides of the engine. Then when you has both heads removed, check the cylinders. Sometimes it is not necesary to do a comple rebuild of the engine.

I did a complete head cylinder rebuild with complete valve work some weeks ago. If you need help, it will be a pleasure to help you!

Sorry if make mistakes writting!

Thanks. I appreciate it. If i could get away from work i might be able to make some progress.

I"d go get another MTR. from the JYard if you have the$$ and you can either put it in or have parts...I"ve found it easier to have a whole MTR.anymore just because they are getting harder to find-I"ve started Hoarding parts since I don"t see EA-81s in the JYd to much anymore... EA-82s are getting scarce too :( The good Old Cash for Clunkers program took out a solid stash of cars just sitting around in backyards and such and put people in Debt w/buying a new car!!

I"d go get another MTR. from the JYard if you have the$$ and you can either put it in or have parts...I"ve found it easier to have a whole MTR.anymore just because they are getting harder to find-I"ve started Hoarding parts since I don"t see EA-81s in the JYd to much anymore... EA-82s are getting scarce too :( The good Old Cash for Clunkers program took out a solid stash of cars just sitting around in backyards and such and put people in Debt w/buying a new car!!

You won't find any old subarus in the yards around here. I wish i could. I found a loyale about a year ago. Completly trashed and way over priced. I asked the fellow at the yard what he wanted for fenders and he wanted $100 a piece. Dents rust and all

My guess is FOD hung up the exhaust valve (and possibly the intake by the looks of it), either holding it off its seat long enough to cause erosion, or nicked the valve;  From either point, exhaust erosion could have done the rest.  Replace the valve(s), check to see if the seat needs replacing, reassemble and drive for another 200k miles.

Nope. No sign of it anywhere. No marks on anything. Everything looks good except the missing piece

Sounds crazy, but pull the oilpan.  You want to look for any debris in the oil......possibly the valve piece.  Like I said, it sounds crazy but I just found the missing chunk from an Exhaust valve on an 06 2.5 turbo.......in the oilpan.  Don't know how it got there (PCV system?)  But it definately was the missing face of the valve.

good to do anyhow for reseal.