Ultimate Subaru Message Board

(ea61=1100/ff-1), they are stamped e63 and are single exhaust port, so probably 1400 ea63. are these two identical (l/r) heads or a set for both sides? i can't tell. i might be interested in the left side, won't know until i fail at broken stud extraction/tap

Doug those are somewhat rare heads in that they are 1400 but they are "dry sleeve" engines. They were made for the automatics and 4WD cars and sold here in the USA until '76 or '77. Pretty much 1975-77 model years.

chickaskia - does your 1400 have two exhaust ports at the bottom of the heads or does it have 4 ports from the ends of the heads?

Big difference and one does not work with the other. also chick. you can find all you need. We have good used and somewhere I have at least one new 1400 head - old style four port - and guys like ctsuba have more - engines , heads , etc ......

• 3 weeks later...

(ea61=1100/ff-1), they are stamped e63 and are single exhaust port, so probably 1400 ea63. are these two identical (l/r) heads or a set for both sides? i can't tell. i might be interested in the left side, won't know until i fail at broken stud extraction/tap

Let me know if you need them, I believe they are the same, not a pair.