Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

83 brat lift block info/ help needed.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mike83bratgl

mike83bratgl

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • salem oregon

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

Hello all. I have a 83 Subaru brat that I'd like to lift 3-4". I've searched quite a bit for a complete list of block dementions and hardware or other items needed. Figure with a bit of info i should be able to beat the 500 bucks sjr wants. But if that's what i should do feel free to say so. First Subaru lift and I'd like do get it done all in one shot. Any info or ideas welcome. Thanks.

#2 djellum

djellum

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 645 posts
  • Vancouver WA

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

SJR puts out good lifts, and if you want to make sure all your angles are correct its probably the best way to go.  that said you can make a lift fairly inexpensively if you have access to the metal.  you have to drop all your running gear and make sure your struts are offset to the proper degree to not wear out tires.

if your used to metal work and welding it shouldnt be too much of a trick, just make sure you account for strut angles.  check in the 4wd section and search out the info on the site here.

#3 TOONGA

TOONGA

I divided by zero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Australind

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

for every 25mm of lift you need to offset the top of the strut blocks (the bolts) (towards the engine) 6-7mm. not sure what this works out to in imperial.

some more info and and image or 2

http://www.ausubaru....ead.php?t=20061

http://www.ausubaru....ead.php?t=21041

http://offroadingsub...php?topic=697.0

http://z15.invisionf...p?showtopic=134

TOONGA

#4 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,518 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Cut blocks for stut top to 17 degrees.

Checkout HighGuyslifts.com

We have competitive pricies. And lots of options for tatloring the kit to your needs.

Just letting you know There's more than SJR. If you wanna build your own more power to you, it's a good feeling.

#5 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,637 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

this is Scott at  SJR, I can sell you just the front Strut extensions for $150  , this is the hard part  PM Me

#6 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

IMO, the way to do lift blocks:
IMG_4566_Resized.jpg

and installed on my Brat:
IMG_4621.jpg

That said, I don't regret buying my first lift kit. It was REALLY nice having everything in a box, and instructions on how to do it. I just had to do a little figuring with radiator hoses.

#7 rdweninger

rdweninger

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Tillamook, OR

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Nice!   :blink:

#8 mike83bratgl

mike83bratgl

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • salem oregon

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

Thanks for all the excellent replys. I believe IM pretty much set with this and all the other info this has lead me to. Man this site rocks

#9 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,518 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

IMO, the way to do lift blocks:
IMG_4566_Resized.jpg

and installed on my Brat:
IMG_4621.jpg

That said, I don't regret buying my first lift kit. It was REALLY nice having everything in a box, and instructions on how to do it. I just had to do a little figuring with radiator hoses.

That method makes no correction for camber.  Any pics of that rig sitting on flat ground from the front?  I would wager the front wheels look like this

\ --- / 

#10 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

That method makes no correction for camber.  Any pics of that rig sitting on flat ground from the front?  I would wager the front wheels look like this

\ --- /

Not any more than any other lifted EA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users