Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Alright, I think (hope) I have my problems figured out... Before I go and blow $9.63 for a standard parts store radiator cap to seal the deal, is that ok?? Do I need to run the OEM one?

All I have seen when I searched was it doesnt hurt one way or the other, but I do suck using the 'search' functions on forums...

Alright... does anybody know the part number for the little bleeder screw thing??

As many times as I screwed with it, I loose it on the last time....

I would be surprised if it had a part number, if you are talking about the plastic bleeder screw on top of the radiator. It is simply a common screw/bolt. Suggest you go to a hardware store that stocks a wide range of screw/bolt/washer/nut hardware.  Ace hardware or Lowes would carry it. You should be able to find one right away; prolly made out of metal not plastic. Use a plastic or fiber washer to create a good seal.

Radiator cap, I always use OEM. If it fails and doesn't let the cooling system open properly, you can have another sort of failure such as a blown hose or a blown head gasket. Seen a few that come in with blown head gaskets because of a faulty radiator cap or a partially restricted radiator.

Alright... does anybody know the part number for the little bleeder screw thing??

As many times as I screwed with it, I loose it on the last time....

I paid about $12-14 for the plastic bleeder screw from a dealer 3 years ago. It came with an O-ring. Certainly not cheap. This thing is hollow so it can be damaged easily by over tightening.