Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New to Subaru; maybe interested in an SVX?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Spannerhead

Spannerhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hi all,

New member here from central NC. Longtime car buff and diehard DIYer, but I've never owned a Subaru before. That said, I've always loved the SVX, ever since they were new. The weird/nerdy vibe they give off just speaks to me.

I realize they can be a money pit in more ways than one (trans, wheel bearings, brakes, steering rack, etc). But I'm still interested. Currently DD a '95 BMW 525 5-speed with a '72 Datsun 240Z as a restoration project.

Cheers!

#2 sikend667

sikend667

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • vancouver wa

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

fun car to drive! but they ar a money pit. mine was great motor is strong and if you can find a 5 spd swapped one the trans is no longer an issue. have you checked out http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/ yet? thasts an awesome bank of knowledge and alot of helpful people over there. good luck they are alot of fun!

#3 Spannerhead

Spannerhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

I have, but that place seems kind of dead.  Appreciate the suggestion, though!  There still appears to be a nice repository of information over there.

#4 sikend667

sikend667

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • vancouver wa

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

it goes thru spurts. itll be buzzing for a few months then dead. http://www.subaruxt....php?f=3&t=13031 this is probably one of the nicest ones out there and has been for sale for sometime.

#5 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

The SVX is nice, and need not be a money pit.  Lots of shared components with the Legacy, but enough difference to make parts sourcing a pain.   The 4EAT really does suit the purpose of the car (Grand Touring), and need not be a problem if maintained and kept cool.

Although I have used the previously mentioned SVX site, general conversation seems to be mostly what color car they have.

As long as you have realistic expectations for using the car (freeway cruiser), you will enjoy it. 

#6 Spannerhead

Spannerhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

That is a nice one! Wish it wasn't yellow, though... A bit too bright for me. Anybody familiar with this one? Looks nice, 5-speed swapped, decent price. http://albany.craigs...3665998145.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users