Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to Subaru; maybe interested in an SVX?

Hi all,

New member here from central NC. Longtime car buff and diehard DIYer, but I've never owned a Subaru before. That said, I've always loved the SVX, ever since they were new. The weird/nerdy vibe they give off just speaks to me.

I realize they can be a money pit in more ways than one (trans, wheel bearings, brakes, steering rack, etc). But I'm still interested. Currently DD a '95 BMW 525 5-speed with a '72 Datsun 240Z as a restoration project.

Cheers!

The SVX is nice, and need not be a money pit.  Lots of shared components with the Legacy, but enough difference to make parts sourcing a pain.   The 4EAT really does suit the purpose of the car (Grand Touring), and need not be a problem if maintained and kept cool.

Although I have used the previously mentioned SVX site, general conversation seems to be mostly what color car they have.

As long as you have realistic expectations for using the car (freeway cruiser), you will enjoy it.