Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've pulled the engine on my '95 Legacy Outback (2.2 liter) due to some overheating and coolant loss issues (302 K miles so far), also looked for an oil leak that has plagued me for a bit and found that the rear camshaft oil seals were leaking. The right head has a cover plate and o-ring which is no problem and shows up on the diagram, the left head appears to have a 1 piece press in seal that I cannot find on a parts diagram to order. Anyone have a part # for this seal or does it come in a kit? My family says it's time to let the car go but it still runs so good and is so easy to work on that I just keep fixing it. Thanks for any help, Greg

Edited by Sangerboy

is the driver side head leaking from the rear seal. i have never heard of this.?

if it is not leaking i would leave it alone.

if you cannot not find it in link below you will have to ask the dealer parts guy.

and the dealer, online or local, is probably going to be the only source for the part anyway.

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b11/type_6/engine/camshaft_and_timing_belt/illustration_1/

Edited by johnceggleston

That's it, perfect!! Part #6 on the diagram. Labeled simply as "plug", part #807045040. Thank you very much for your help. I'll go by my local dealer and get it ordered. Considering that it has been on the car for 17 years and 302,000 miles, I suppose it has earned the right to leak a little. Who knows how many heat cycles it has been through :)