Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Have been working on this car and a'm having problems figuring out whats wrong as soon as i load it it boost spikes and shuts down the boost will sit at 7 psi and sudenly jump to 10 -14 psi witch turns on the feul cut witch kills it then it will come back on at 7 and jump to 11-14 agian and cut feul is very violent. Everything looks to be conected right and car is stock. I cant seem to figure out how the two stage turbo setup works has 3 wastegates two blowoff valves and two boost controlers a intercooler valve. I a'm unfamiliar with theese cars and is being a diffacult fix any ideas ?

Found it somone had done the plugs and broke the ends of all four coils and had put in autolite platnum garbage plugs the ohms on the autolite plug 12 ohm s the ngk v power was 4 ohms was way to high of resistance and was jumping the spark down the side even after i changed the coils. Theese plugs were cheesey and poorly made the car was seeing missfire and shuting down ecu witch whould cause it to boost spike and pull timing. Was a pain to track down as the plugs are not so easy to get to. Anyway IF IT DONT SAY NGK THROW IT AWAY

i spent 12 hours + on thiss car was a real pain any ideas were i could find 4 coilpacks for a 94 twin turbo 2.0 staged turbo setup looks alot like a svx coilpacks. or has anyone converted there 2.0 over to a single coilpack like a standard subaru engie uses ? i have used a tin can coil with a plugwire to temparaly repair coil on plug cars. But four whould be ugly and no room for them right now has four coils off a ealy jdm 2.0 not right but working for now. Any ideas of help for thiss car ?

Your best bet would be to look at some of the overseas ebay or other auction sites.  Or probably the better option would be to find a generic or coil or coil pack from another car you could convert to.

SLi would be a good place to also check out and maybe some of the Australian/New Zealand Subaru forums since they also got this model as an import car.

i spent 12 hours + on thiss car was a real pain any ideas were i could find 4 coilpacks for a 94 twin turbo 2.0 staged turbo setup looks alot like a svx coilpacks. or has anyone converted there 2.0 over to a single coilpack like a standard subaru engie uses ? i have used a tin can coil with a plugwire to temparaly repair coil on plug cars. But four whould be ugly and no room for them right now has four coils off a ealy jdm 2.0 not right but working for now. Any ideas of help for thiss car ?

The motor in my car is from a '94 JDM WRX with the single turbo, I imagine the twin turbo is similar in this regard. It also has coil on plug. The SVX ones are the same as JDM, just a different length wire. I upgraded to ones from a new USDM STi, it's pretty easy, you'll need to bypass the igniter and put new connectors on. Otherwise they bolt on.

i think the svx coils whould work best but not cheap he is trying to get the right ones from japan right now will see if they have any luck

There's an absolute ton of these EJ20TT legacies in the junkyards where I live...tell me what you need and I'll go have a look for it over the weekend.