Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2005 Outback electrical issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,594 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

I was poking around under the headliner looking for the power feeds for the auto dim mirror so I can instally my aftermarket one.

I found them, I tested them, and dead circuit. Put the car back together and noticed something odd. The vanity mirrors stopped working along with the heated seats. Ok I blew a fuse. I looked at the FB fuses, and the were fine. The SB fuses (under the hood) arent well marked. The way that wiring diagrams are now done in Hayes (almost useless) and the FSM (annoying) are no help. All I have lost are those two things, everything else works, but I can't swear for the rear power outlet.

Where should I be looking.

#2 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,594 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

:banghead:

Never mind. My 2005 outback was built in 2004, so ANNOYINGLY it has a 2004 fuseblock. No wonder the fuse block sticker, the 2005 FSM and the haynes manual were all wrong!  Only the owners manual was correct on which fuse was blown.

Anyone have a 2004 FSM around? All I need is the electrical section

#3 fishy

fishy

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

:banghead:

Never mind. My 2005 outback was built in 2004, so ANNOYINGLY it has a 2004 fuseblock. No wonder the fuse block sticker, the 2005 FSM and the haynes manual were all wrong!  Only the owners manual was correct on which fuse was blown.

Anyone have a 2004 FSM around? All I need is the electrical section

Oh man... that's a great "gotcha".

My 2005 Outback is probably similarly "charming" then. I'll have to watch out for that.

#4 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,594 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Blu2 was built 7/04 but he is a 2005. 

I hate transition years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users