Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can I do this?

so we are clear that it can´t happen.... 

if a swap it (brake, axel, rotor, etc) can i put it with the same suspension? it fit?

It's not going to work, ever.

Unless you swap EJ knuckles with 5lug hubs and get different wheels, those won't work. loyale brake rotors are cheap, just get the right part. It's ridiculous to swap every front end part around to make a set of used rotors fit.

hat

It's not going to work, ever.

Unless you swap EJ knuckles with 5lug hubs and get different wheels, those won't work. loyale brake rotors are cheap, just get the right part. It's ridiculous to swap every front end part around to make a set of used rotors fit.

thats the point... here in mycountry is extremly hard find this stuff(and expensive)... i´ve been in usmb for 3 years searching info and everything but is very difficulty search exactly what i want... thats why i make stupid questions... is better than not to know jajaja...

my crazy idea is---> do a ej20t swap, change everything for brakes, rotors, hubs, axels, drivetrain, etc... but the suspension will stay.... maybe a cant explain :(

why is a crazy idea? because im not a mechanic or electrical.... only had the experience to pull the ea82t out the car, do a headgaskets, fix many small problems, etc only with the manual and runs good :D

thanks everyone...

Ah, your english is good, I didn't realize you weren't in the US. Sorry about that.

2.7loyale turbo has had a bunch of parts shipped to him in Honduras, he's figured out the best way to have things shipped for a good price. Hopefully he can chime in here, I'm sure he can help.

• Like 1

front isn't too hard and you have some options - the rear is the sticking point. you can't swap newer generation stuff (legacy, impreza) into older generation Subaru's.   the suspension configuration and geometry is all completely different on newer generation stuff so you can't go 5 lug in the rear with newer gen stuff.

you need to do a 5 lug conversion which requires subaru XT6 rear hubs and backing plates.  with those in hand, it's easy.  just a simple rear wheel bearing job and you've got 5 lug rear. 

front isn't too hard and you have some options - the rear is the sticking point. you can't swap newer generation stuff (legacy, impreza) into older generation Subaru's.   the suspension configuration and geometry is all completely different on newer generation stuff so you can't go 5 lug in the rear with newer gen stuff.

you need to do a 5 lug conversion which requires subaru XT6 rear hubs and backing plates.  with those in hand, it's easy.  just a simple rear wheel bearing job and you've got 5 lug rear. 

so is impossible to me... in my country the xt6 doesnt exist... not even the xt. So i have to buy a impreza o legacy suspension from a yunkyard somewhere to fit the new transmission and everything  :angry:

i guess a could try this---> get a engine, transmission, suspension, wiring-ecu, brakes-rotors....

fuel pump? the old works in this swap?

i have to make sure that i have all in the head to make one for all :wacko:  because the money it will be avaliable in a couple months and a have to travel 1200 miles to buy all the stuff... so is pretty risky,

thanks everyone, in gonna ask my stupid questions here cause i dont want to fill the board with threads  :P

...2.7loyale turbo has had a bunch of parts shipped to him in Honduras, he's figured out the best way to have things shipped for a good price. Hopefully he can chime in here, I'm sure he can help.

Yep, I use the services of a Cargo Courier Co. wich offers to me a Free "Virtual Address" in Miami, Florida, and everything that goes with my name there, is automatically shipped to Honduras, where I pay the Shipping costs as I receive any package... The comapany is ~► this.

But I'm in Honduras... very near to USA, I don't know if there is a Similar service to Ship packages to Chile... 

Kind Regards.

Yep, I use the services of a Cargo Courier Co. wich offers to me a Free "Virtual Address" in Miami, Florida, and everything that goes with my name there, is automatically shipped to Honduras, where I pay the Shipping costs as I receive any package... The comapany is ~► this.

But I'm in Honduras... very near to USA, I don't know if there is a Similar service to Ship packages to Chile... 

Kind Regards.

the service here in chile is ridiculously expensive... so maybe could be an option if a buy a racing timing belt kit for example.

pero aun asi es complicado y la unica oportunidad es tener un familiar en USA que lo mande como contrabando jajajaja

thanks

• 4 months later...

It is possible to swap legacy impreza parts in the car. You will have to enlarge the ball joint hole for the knuckle, use 23 spline axle (93 impreza FWD) or swap the stub shafts on the trans with a 25 spline stub. For the rear you will have to modify the backing plates for a legacy or impreza to fit on the trailing arm, but you will still need impossible to find xt6 hubs unless you can machine or modify the existing hub for a 5x100 wheel.

• Like 1

What was your Goal on Changing those Rotors?

If you want to use another set of Rims in other than 4X140, you have other Cheap options, such as Re-Drill the Hubs.

I Changed my Subie from 4X140 to 4X114.3 around fifteen years ago, and I've never had any issues with that.

Kind regards.

my goal is brake the loyale with a ej20t... but the resources are limited....