Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my 88XT GL project car.

zukiru

8035478452_1801dcc040_k.jpg

8035415628_e43aadc4e2_k.jpg

Been my daily driver and rallyx car for the past year our so. Bought it about two years ago.

Now that i have a new daily

IMG464_zpsc4df14b3.jpg

I'm going to finally do something i always wanted to do. An engine swap. Not a lot of Subarus here though. Getting parts will be a challenge. Hoping to build the hybrid "franken motor" and keep it mostly stock looking.

Edited by zukiru

• 3 weeks later...

So... Opinions not needed, but being entertained nonetheless.

Franken 2.5

Ej22

Ej22 turbo

Ej22 franken turbo

Ej18 franken turbo

Maybe try and get some more go outta the EA82?

Cams head work etc...

Or even crazier...

Needs to still be rally cross viable. Maybe.. Coif always rx the loyale... (but its starting at a handling disadvantage)

• 9 months later...

I don't think ill need the chrome stuff. If I decide to get rid of them (which is likely) you can have dibs.

Planning a much smaller tire and some fender flares most likely for the turbines on the xt. Or I'll lift the loyale and stuff them on there with some all terrains.

Thank you sir! I thought I was the only one with turbine style wheels on here?! Now we must battle. Ha. I searched FOREVER on craigslist for these! I had some turbine wheels on my first car well truck an F150 and thought it'd be awesome to put them on a subie. Found these for $60! They came off of a datsun I think the guy said? But they're 14X6 6 lug, and they have ZERO damage! Which makes me want to put my steels on if I want to go off-road anytime soon haha.