Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dont laugh... anyone ship a canopy?

The best way I've found to ship odd/heavy/weird things is to take it to a moving company who does freight forwarding, Such as United Van Lines or Mayflower or one of that crowd. they can handle it. Sorry but I have no idea what they would charge, but it shouldn't be much. One of the ways it may be cheaper is that they usually won't do a "to your door" delivery, but rather just bring it to their transfer station/warehouse, and one may then pick it up there. I had a small collection of instruments and sound gear shipped out that way, I felt very uneasy letting them go out (secured and sealed in a crate with transfer tags and all kinds of paperwork) but they got to their destination safe and sound. get the insurance, its not expensive.

• Like 1

Yes , I crated and shipped a canopy. Went from Milford CT to Colorado for a young lady , paid for by the old man. The shipping was like $540 or so !! But they just couldn't find one local and it was important enough. I spent too much time on it but made it happen. I was in an industrial park so my neighbors loaded it onto the freight truck and it was there puppy to deal with. All went well , I packed it well. They even sent me a pic of the gal with her prize rig.

Good luck !

• Like 1

Wow, $540? I think I would just enjoy a drive Oregon for that much, lol. So basically, I need to poke around. The canopy would be shipped to me, not from me. So I would also need to find someone that is willing to put up with the hassle of shipping the darn thing. Thanks for the answers guys!

the #1 most common key for campers, toppers, RVs, trailers, toolboxes, etc is a CH751.

with this key over 90% of the campers, toppers, RVs...etc...etc can be opened.

There was a time when the industry got rather lazy and this was the only keylock option made.

They've since smartened up a bit.

But you stand a pretty good chance of getting that key from any RV dealer/supplier.

and yes, you can recore the handles with a new key if you wish. often times its just easier to get a fresh new handle with the new lock installed.

Hope this is helpful in some small way.

(by the way I used to tick off my buddies out camping by opening all their storage hatches and trailer/camper doors with one key...MY key)

whimsically,

Timothy

Edited by Tsuru