Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How Many of You all live in Spokane?

I've an aunt and uncle in the Spokane area, and they even like me! So trips to Spokane (and Spauldings!) are every few months or so.

Why? need something wrenched on or were you considering donating parts to those who come visit. because that would be awfully nice of you to donate parts, yup, mighty friendly and neighborly of ya there... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

anything for a 77/78? I need interior bits like-oh-for-example front seats...

Kinda difficult to manage driving from such an aftward position.

distantly (from the steering wheel)

Timothy

Oh, by-the-by...would it be prudent to even consider bringing a front wheel drive Subaru to an off road vehicle park?

Because I can vividly envision a "Hey Tangos* stuck...Again...somebody go winch him out...again...goodness how imprudent of him to even consider bringing a front wheel drive to an off road  vehicle park...he's definately NOT invited to the wine tasting after...what an onager!"

*Tango, my other nickname, usually for those who cannot pronounce Tsuru, or forget that there are some who call me...Tim...

Edited by Tsuru
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Living in spokane currently, lets go wheeling soon!! I get ol' greeny back this weekend (thats whats nice about selling a car to friends, i get it back in same condition, maybe better!) and my bro is on east side now too with his 86 gl wagon.

Subarus have always been in the NW. All ive ever owned and drove!! Old GLs are getting hard to find... Anyone ready for a test run on some trails north of spokane, this weekend!!? Got my wagon ready to go, and my bro in newport has two spare axles and put in the welded diff... Come on lets go USMB!!

I still haven't got my brake drag fixed, it totaly makes it worthless for off roading since the brake drag makes just one of my front tires to spin no matter what I do. I still need to put my new engine and trans in too :P

So weekend was good, didnt break anything on either rig! I did blow out my exhaust gaskets... Its loud and sounds bad... New ones today going on. Missed driving it, had another guy on the trail in a full size blazer with 36" mudders and motor/headers (it was nice), tell me nice car... LOL!

Hey Mikal- i have some parts laying around, not being used... Some of which i believe your looking for, willing to let go cheap! PM me.

I just bought a full parts car, I have too many parts now :lol: unless you have some headlight bezels and tail lights for an 80 or 81 wagon. I kinda got my brake going again

It turns out I wouldn't have been able to make it if I wanted I got hired at a mechanics shop Thursday and have been working all weekend, glad you had fun!

To continue this thread, i know theres more Suby folks around these parts. Today I spotted a lifted brat!!! It was in Deer Park, nice rig! Wondering if its someones on here?! Dark brown, 6 lug with oversized tires, and a white canopy.

There is rumor of a brat local to Missoula, Montana. I think, it is a later model (four rectangular headlamps and t-tops reportedly in good shape).

The good part of the rumor is that the owner wants to sell it and is asking $1500 (one thousand five hundred US dollars!) for it! I have yet to see the vehicle again and as I said, its just rumor at this juncture. even though the source is in my opinion utterly reliable.

If I find out more  I'll pass it along to the group. I'd hunt it down for myself, but I cannot afford anything right now with both my vehicles down, and several out of state gigs coming up.

By the way, I'll be in Kamiah Idaho this weekend if anyone wants to drop by and say hi!

Its the annual Sawgrass Idaho Bluegrass association festival at the Lewis and Clark Resort in Kamiah.

(its also my birthday saturday, so I'm spending it on stage! Woohoo!)

there will be a passel of folks present so just look for the bass player with Mike and Tari Conroy's band, we are borrowing a fiddle player just to round out the group.

Find me and say hi! I'll be the guy with the 1949 Kay Blonde Bass, its not all that difficult to spot, and most of the other two Blonde Kays that I'm aware of are being played by womenfolk.

You can just show up for some really good music! (I like the stage acts, but Jamming after is what I live for. I'll likely be on bass all weekend, maybe break out the mandolin, or the dulcimer...not sure, Show up, bring an instrument and jam with us!

I could even try and find you someone to get a lesson from if you are a beginner. but the best way to learn is just jump in with your guitar (fiddle, mandolin, banjo) join a jam and play along.

sorry If I hijacked the thread and carried it way off topic, that was not my intention, Just wanted fellow Subaru folk to know that there might be an inexpensive BRAT roaming the streets. and that I'll be wandering in Kamiah this weekend and would enjoy meeting other Subaru folk!

so if you show up, let me know!

Busily,

Timothy

• Like 2