Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cylinders are full of fuel. Please help.

quite likely just burning stuff off. In fact, I read of a guy in the past that literally poured fuel out of his exhaust parts. (might be bad for cat conv ?)

doesn't take much to make huge amounts of smoke. Ask anyone who has used SeaFoam thru a vacuum line.

I'd be tempted to let it warm-up to operating temps (you might do it at night if you're afraid the neighbors will call the fire department!)

and, if it seems to still smoke/smell of fuel, pull plugs to see if one cylinder is very wet - maybe a bad injector.

if all a re wet or the car still smells like fuel, then the ECT as suggested could be the problem.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan

Texan, I wish I could meet you to shake your hand and buy you a beer. Your consistency has been a huge blessing to me. Thank you.

that's kind but really, most of the other regulars here have a lot more experience.

I hope you get your car sorted out, at least progress is being made and, if lucky, you may be very close to success!

White smoke is lots of oil. Let it run, bring engine speed up to 2000 rpm and hold it there for a minute or so and the smoke should start to clear, it probably wont go completely away until you drive it a couple times though. Most of it just got dumped into the exhaust pipes so it will take some time to burn away, getting the pipes hot is the only thing that will get it out.

exhaust is loaded with feul i get thiss somtimes when headgaskets go the catts and the muffler hold fliud and takes a long time to clear them out. I have to run them upto operating temp and somtimes drive them with a cloud behind it if not cleared by 1 km of driving warm then stop and look into it more. The catts need about 10 min of runing just to start heating up. Is there any posibblity that you could have hooked battery up backwards at all even for second ? thiss whould open all injectors and dump feul have had theese cars towed in with thiss semtem when batt conected backwards

• Like 1

This whole scenario is scarely familiar.  Neighbor, gets his mothers'  Legacy after she moves to assisted living.  He knows my love affair with subies and it won't stay running and fuel is dumping in the cylinders.  Did all the usual stuff on a car that was sitting for a little awhile maybe a year or so...Plugs wires filter oil etc....  Got curious after the cat was cherry red.  Disconnect the exhaust and the thing smoothed out.  So we left it like that and drove it to Muffer Doc in Spokane.  Replace Cat and 02 sensors and it ran fine...I am no egspert but really sounds familiar....