Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

the new car, AKA "Crunch"

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

SIlver one, I'll post pics after the ugly grill goes and the new wheels are on.  The grill comes in on Wednesday, wheels probably a bit longer.

So far.  I really dig it.  I'm picky as hell about what I like to drive and what feels lame to drive.  I was stunned at how awesome the CVT shifts and pulls untill you let off the gas.  It's easily as quick as my five speed 2.2 impereza.  I'm sure it would smoke it on the open highway.   It was a no brainer, the 5 speed is gutless pig, way too long gears, lacking hp.

The main selling point of this was the leg room.  I'm 6'3, and my brother (6'7) had no problem sitting behind me as I was able to still have plenty of leg room in the driver's seat.  It's virtually the same as an imp, just way higher off of the ground.  I love the stability, I've had fun throwing it around, trying to get it to break loose on long curved onramps.  Steady, with no body roll.

I asked how much to make it remote start, the quote was for 2.5 hours.  Anybody see why?

#2 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Subaru-Impreza-2013.jpg

1256.jpg

#3 natext6

natext6

Relax, smoke a dübaru.

• Silver Subscribers
  • 168 posts
  • calgary

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

I asked how much to make it remote start, the quote was for 2.5 hours.  Anybody see why?

What was the total quote on it? That sounds like way too long.

#4 subeman90

subeman90

Soobologist

• 2,786 posts
  • Akron PA

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:18 AM

it is a mouse nest of wires for the remote start.  I paid $399 for the kit and about $210 more to have it installed.  It is well worth it.  I will say that you need to know that when you open the door it will shut the car off.  You must restart it EVERY time.  This is a turn off for some people.  I personally don't care...I want a warm car.

#5 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,152 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

I really like the look of the stock wheels.  I think they'd look good on a Baja...

#6 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

I half wanna keep them for winter wheels.  I don't mind them tooooo much, but don't wanna be so generic, wanna have some kind of distinction in the parking lot from the other silver one when it parks next to me.  lol

The mesh grill is gonna be hot.  Looking at my RS, it's almost the exact same.  Cool stuff.

#7 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,401 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

I really like the look of the stock wheels.  I think they'd look good on a Baja...

I wanna see them on a 98 Impreza! I like them too :)

I'm gonna make a mesh grill just to mock you LOL

cheers

Edited by monstaru, 02 April 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#8 MR_Loyale

MR_Loyale

20 Years of Ownership. 94-14

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

I saw one just like yours today on first ave heading up marion. I liked it. Congrats.

#9 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

I wanna see them on a 98 Impreza! I like them too :)

I'm gonna make a mesh grill just to mock you LOL

cheers

I dunno, you should hear what happened to the last guy who mocked me.  .  .  Oh man, wasn't pretty at all.  lol

No, it's sharp, the big crazy wings will be gone along with all that fugly chrome.  You gotta confess the one below looks better than the one they put on it.  Same one I'll have.

ef3e1c1b59df481729035a7908b08fbdx.jpg

Thanks Mr. Loyale, I think they look pretty good going down the road.  Folks who I show it to in person all fall in love.

#10 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

JUST over 16 lbs. . . hehehe!!!

motegir_mr1255_b_ci3_l.jpg

#11 natext6

natext6

Relax, smoke a dübaru.

• Silver Subscribers
  • 168 posts
  • calgary

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

I dunno, you should hear what happened to the last guy who mocked me.  .  .  Oh man, wasn't pretty at all.  lol

No, it's sharp, the big crazy wings will be gone along with all that fugly chrome.  You gotta confess the one below looks better than the one they put on it.  Same one I'll have.

ef3e1c1b59df481729035a7908b08fbdx.jpg

Thanks Mr. Loyale, I think they look pretty good going down the road.  Folks who I show it to in person all fall in love.

Is this colour offered in the states? We don't get a venetian red in canada.

#12 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Ok, got it in.  Much better.  My wheels will be in on Saturday.  whoohoo.

001xvtoy.jpg

#13 subeman90

subeman90

Soobologist

• 2,786 posts
  • Akron PA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

so what model did you get?  Premimum or Limited?  Did you get nav?

#14 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

No limited.  But the only things the limited has that this one doesn't is the  Nav, leather, back up camera and auto headlights. . .  Crap that I didn't want.  We have a sweet Garmin, so the moonroof was an easy option.  Premium comes with the nav or the moonroof, only the limited gets both.  We have all the extras but remote start and the cross bars and roof basket thing and the tow package.  I figure I'll buy an after market tow bar dealy.

#15 subeman90

subeman90

Soobologist

• 2,786 posts
  • Akron PA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

I have a limited but no nav or sunroof.  Just the way I like it!  I use my smartphone and I was never a fan of the SR.

if you buy an aftermarket hitch look at the Curt 13135.  I have this on mine and it is strong as hell.  A little bit more metal and a few more welds.

#16 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

I love the moonroof.   

The wheels are on, and WOW!!!  It looks SO much better, I'll try to get a decent pic later.

#17 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,401 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

I ain't skeered. :)

It looks WAY better without the wings.

Now lets see the wheels!!!

cheeers

Edited by monstaru, 06 April 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#18 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

I ain't skeered. :)
It looks WAY better without the wings.
Now lets see the wheels!!!
cheeers

130406009.jpg

#19 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

130406006.jpg

#20 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,401 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

Very nice.:)Me Likes...

#21 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

I drove it Sunday. Drives like no Automatic I have driven before. Snappy and responsive. Not fast by any stretch of the imagination. But, surprisingly quick and quiet. Solid ride, nice tunes, comfortable. I give it two thumbs up!!

#22 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

This just happened to my new car.  Wife has a little bit of neck pain setting in, a second car hit the one behind her, so our car got two hits. 

xnewphone148.jpgxnewphone147.jpg

#23 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Yeah, I'm bummed. 

#24 Ibreakstuff

Ibreakstuff

USMB Regular

• Gold Subscribers
  • 408 posts
  • NorCal Transplant

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Car crashes suck! Good luck to you, hope your wife is just sore and not hurt badly. Looks like a pretty hard hit, it amazing how newer subies hold up in a crash.

#25 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,453 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

every time my dad would fix up and prime one of his opels that would happen while driving to have it painted. hope your wife is well... im praying for the unibody. airbags pop?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users