Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A wrecked Svx built 01/92 showed up in my local junkyard. It has a subaru reman trans in it (sticker by the starter motor). The car is trashed but it was driving well enough to pop the airbags so I figure the drivetrain is still in ok shape.

Whats worth keeping other than the engine?

there's an SVX forum, you might peruse that.

windshields are crazy expensive but probably not worth pulling.  my friend was going to buy one with a cracked windshield until he priced it at like $900.

if it was cheap the trans would be an option in my book. heat grenades the transmissions, with an aftermarket cooler they're fine.

they are also just 4EAT's so pretty sure you can use them in any other 4EAT Subaru....though they have the goofy 3.54 final drive.

you can search ebay completed listings to see if something sells/how much.  i tried finding TPS and maybe Idle control stuff years ago and couldn't find any available for a friend i knew that had issues with his.  i struck out on the subaru forums and couldn't find a used one anywhere.  looks like a few TPS's sold on ebay for $50 - $60 recently and one is listed now.

they loose wheel bearings all the time, not sure how often people buy used knuckle assemblies but i'd buy one and have for other Subaru's before rather than doing a bearing job.  the SVX has the 114mm stud spacing so they are SVX specific.

Edited by grossgary

I parted out an SVX a while back and sold a few bits online on the SVX forums.

- headlights

- grill

- tail lights

- trunk (especially if it has no spoiler, they are very populer)

- struts from trunk

- cluster & HVAC control unit

- wiper arms and motors

- and a bunch of small interior bits

- EG33 swap and the full dash harness and ecu/tcu

I'm not looking to do a part out and sell bits, I was looking for what parts are usefull for upgrading other subarus.

I'm pulling the engine swap wiring and parts. Rear VLSD is a meh because they are in all the newer outbacks so they're easier to find in the junkyard. Sounds like that's the only other desirable mechanical component on a SVX?

The interior is trashed. Seriously, I'll have to shovel all the trash out of it to get the wiring harness out of the dash. It was also spray painted white inside and primer gray outside. Most of the glass was broken in the crash or when they were packing it full of junk.