Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Welcome luisvermillion--in beautiful West Yorkshire, land of my ancestors.  My Dad was born in Elland and my Great-Grandmother ran a pub just outside Huddersfield (The Sands House, still going strong today!)

Your Brat looks great, best of luck with it.

Thanks mate where do you live nowadays, I live in Bradford atm not heard of the Sands house, is it real ale as I may have to have a butchers? 

Have you had any probs with standard carbs as mine dosent seem to want to open the secondary choke fully, Ive not put it back on the car as Im not sure if it needs a spring to fully open or it has something to do with the suction diaphragm attached to the lever for the secondary choke hmmm :unsure: ? 

I've lived in Honolulu, Hawaii for nearly 50 years!  Do drop by The Sands House sometime--they have a beautiful old bar that seemed to be very well-stocked.  And great food (Yorkshire Pudding like Mom used to make!)  Here's a Google Maps link:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=The+Sands+House,+Blackmoorfoot+Road,+Crosland+Hill,+Huddersfield,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&ll=53.626623,-1.826303&spn=0.001993,0.001784&sll=53.626605,-1.82689&sspn=0.001409,0.002709&oq=The+Sands+HouseHuddersfield,+United+Kingdom&hq=The+Sands+House,&hnear=Blackmoorfoot+Rd,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=19

Can't help you with your carb problem--I haven't even seen a carb for 20 years!  But if you post your questions in the Old Gen forum I'm sure you'll get tons of help . . . good people these Subie Folk!

Best of luck, Mate.  Keep in touch.

• Like 1