Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Torsion Bar Bolt - Height adjustment

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 newgen85brat

newgen85brat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Shenandoah

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Hi again, I want to lift the back of my 85 Brat to the full height.  How hard does this bolt normally turn? Mine is so hard to move, I am afraid to break it plus the leverage point is not too easy. Do most people heat it?  Is it easier with the weight off the wheels?  I assume you tighten the bolt to increase height.  I do not have the owners manual which I would assume would tell me.  Thanks for your help.   

#2 mikaleda

mikaleda

legacy specialtist

• Members
  • 1,570 posts
  • priest lake, Idaho

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Hi again, I want to lift the back of my 85 Brat to the full height.  How hard does this bolt normally turn? Mine is so hard to move, I am afraid to break it plus the leverage point is not too easy. Do most people heat it?  Is it easier with the weight off the wheels?  I assume you tighten the bolt to increase height.  I do not have the owners manual which I would assume would tell me.  Thanks for your help.   

It's probably just stuck from not being moved for a long time, the first thing I would do is start soaking it in p.b. blaster and try loosing it instead if tightening it, just to break it loose. Carefull how high you jack it up, the higher you go the faster the rear axles are going to wear.

#3 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,427 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

get a floor jack under the center diff and get the weight off the wheels, use jackstands and it should turn. be generous with pb blaster as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users