Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NWWO Walker Run April 13

one eye

Just a heads up, noaa is saying  there's a 90% chance of showers and theres gonna be snow up in the higher elevation trails. High temps are gonna be around 40, lows around 30. Should be good and sloppy like last time!!

I'm bringing a shovel for Rick...lol

Josh

Well today was a good day for Subaru's and Wheelin, 9 of us showed up, there has been an amazing turnout the last couple of months!!  It was good to see some old faces and new ones come out and play!!!

Damage report:

Random dents like we always get

My motor is on its way out ran like crap all day long...............

other than that all was pretty good!!

We ran into snow right off the bat................

Ill post up some pics in the morning they are loaded to the NWWO FB page but FB seems to be not working right now........................

Jeff

I had a skid plate on until it got ripped off here...

72147_333577936764269_2127643926_n.jpg

You can kind of make out where my skid plate was hitting the dirt. The pics in this thread really don't do justice to the actually size of the obstacles and the depth of the ruts.

Not only did I have my skid plate torn off that day but my exhaust (axle back) too.

^^ I simply just forgot to throw mine back on before we went wheeling lol ill have it on future trips ..

Just out of curiosity, how'd you manage to bust an oil pan on the street ? Lol :P

I wasn't in the subaru .It was in a  1999 VW jetta.I have however smashed my exhaust off my subaru back when it was a EA81 wagon with a 2" lift. That was offroad. I did however crush the oil pan on my old daily driver, a 93 FWD legacy.

whats with all the rigs with out skidplates?Ive busted an oil pan on the street so my offroader doesn't leave the driveway without one.

As I was viewing this thread I was thinking of asking the same question. 

Essential equipment IMO

Ive never had one but on my Brat only had one problem wiht hitting the exaust didnt have a spotter and went through all the hard stuff just to hit a damn rock at the bottom on the flat, I pretty much know where the bottom of my car is and what I can get away with............ is a skid plate a good Idea ya, but its not a big deal................ more weight in my case..lol

Jeff

extra weight when/if you slip off the line and center punch a rock?For better or worse my skidplate consistently takes the most beating offroad. Every single outing it comes back with more scratches and dings. On the other hand no skidplate seems to be working for ya.