Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just got a '99 Legacy SUS and it needs a bit of work

Yep. I planned on a new complete timing belt kit, with water pump and belt tensioner and the other recomended reseals. Even if he does not have the Y pipe. I can go to a U pull it and get 1 off another junker.

Edited by matt167

Yep. I planned on a new complete timing belt kit, with water pump and belt tensioner and the other recomended reseals. Even if he does not have the Y pipe. I can go to a U pull it and get 1 off another junker.

Yea, I can tell you know what you are doing.

You will really like the leather seats in the SUS. They are the same as in my 98 OBW Limited. So much more comfortable then the cloth seats in the standard model. Also, Subaru puts more sound deadening material in the SUS and Limited, so rides nice and quiet.  Enjoy!!

He wants $100 for the Y pipe. I can get a Y pipe from the U pull it for about $20, or I have found new for $70.. My total bill will be $594 with tax but I'm getting the power steering pump and hoses to make a clean install..

And, yep those seats are comfy.

Edited by matt167