Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need an Oil Pump for a '94 Loyale...and water-pump

In an effort to eliminate my TOD for good, i'm gonna swap out my oil pump, so i'm looking for a new one, but haven't found any that aren't priced very reasonably online. 

hoping to get some tips one tracking down one directly. 

and if i'm gonna be in there doing the oil pump, might as well do the water pump while i'm at it. they seem a lot cheaper than the oil pump, but if anyone has suggestions or a line on a water pump, i'd be very happy to know. 

thanks much!

Napa Auto Parts The water pumps have 2 length of stems. The non-turbo model uses the longer stem.

Actually it not "turbo or non turbo"

It's factory a/c or dealer/non a/c. If the a/c compressor is inboard of the alt, it factory a/c

Factory ac = short pump. 105mm

All others = long pump. 110mm

Edited by Gloyale

It's factory a/c or dealer/non a/c. If the a/c compressor is inboard of the alt, it factory a/c

thanks for the correction. def know i don't have a turbo, and not sure which kind of A/C i have. but i know i have it, i just got to use it for the first time the other day and hadn't tried it yet since i bought the car in mid-febuary, so i was pretty psyched.  :clap:

Pretty sure his is factory A/C. Factory A/C is inboard A/C, correct?

Glen, looking at your engine from the front of the car, is your alternator on the far right side of the motor (driver's side) with nothing else further to the right of it other than the battery?

Pretty sure his is factory A/C. Factory A/C is inboard A/C, correct?

Glen, looking at your engine from the front of the car, is your alternator on the far right side of the motor (driver's side) with nothing else further to the right of it other than the battery?

so i'm assuming it's the 105mm stem then if i probably have a factory A/C...

i'm about to order one since i just got ordered the oil pump.

just an update, i spoke w/ the garage that fixed my timing belt when it went and they said they actually put in a new water pump, so that's one less thing i gotta buy...

just ordered the oil pump, so hopefully, i'll be TOD free pretty soon.

thanks everyone who helped on this.