Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NWWO Mid Summer Run August 2-4, Evans Creek ORV Park

Nw washington offroad Offroad Wheeling mid Summer Run Hatch Patrol

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#76 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,403 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

Wait. Late aug? I thought it was Aug 2-4, that's pretty soon?

#77 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,130 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Doh, late August, early August... lol Still gonna be dry and dusty, very little mud or water.

#78 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,417 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

Its comin up !!!!
I probably won't be driving anything......
But riding.....now hrrmmmm..

#79 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,130 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Say the word Brain, I'll reserve shotgun.

#80 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,135 posts
  • WA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

I might come up and catch a ride from someone.

#81 ThatSubaruKid

ThatSubaruKid

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Vancouver, WA

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

Would my 90 Lego on Outback Struts and 27' tires do ok up there? I've never been up there, but I have about 11in Ground Clearance under my oil pan.

#82 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,426 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Would my 90 Lego on Outback Struts and 27' tires do ok up there? I've never been up there, but I have about 11in Ground Clearance under my oil pan.

never know until you try.

#83 Vegablade

Vegablade

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Concrete WA

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Is it stock running gear otherwise?  Or is it Dual Range swapped?

Edited by Vegablade, 16 July 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#84 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,130 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

I'll never say never. We first did these trails in stock ea81s with 13s. It beat the crap out of the cars, but we did some trails. You would do better to drive to the top and take a trail down hill rather than try to climb one right away.

#85 NorthCoast

NorthCoast

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • Puyallup, WA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

As someone who has wheeled a Gen 1 Legacy in multiple configurations, I personally wouldn't do it with the set up you have.

#86 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,403 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

Bring it and see what it'll do.

Garauntee you'll have fun and it's always cool to have a range of different Subies to see whats possible with what.

#87 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,417 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

Bring it and see what it'll do.

Garauntee you'll have fun and it's always cool to have a range of different Subies to see whats possible with what.

Except when someone becomes a trail tampon and screws it up for a lot of other wheelers.I am not saying don't come.but,

General set of rules is if you have to ask how your car would do you haven't driven it enough offroad. lol

cheers

#88 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,130 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

Like I said. Take one of the trails from the top of the hill. This should go for most of you, maybe try out your Soobs at Evans before tackling the tougher trails. Lower 311 isn't so bad, but several of the other trails are pretty tough to climb.

#89 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,426 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

Wait do you have a skidplate?If not the top item on your to-do list would be to buy or make one. Skidplates from EA series vehicles fit.

#90 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,629 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

things to bring

axles and stub shafts

#91 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,426 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:45 AM

So when and where will everyone meet up on the 2nd?

#92 one eye

one eye

I'm A Subaholic

• Members
  • 2,573 posts
  • Mt.Vernon Washington

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

I wont be there till later I don't get off work till about 3:30 or so then Ill be heading out.....................

#93 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,130 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

I'll be up Saturday morning.

#94 Ratty2Austin

Ratty2Austin

have tools, will fix

• Members
  • 2,385 posts
  • West Coast USA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

I am planning to camp friday night and wheel a bit of saturday then head home after that... this should be fun! (and as an added bonus, Waterwagon IV now has dual range! so I think I can make it UP 311 to the top...)

#95 NorthCoast

NorthCoast

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • Puyallup, WA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

Austin... if you get bored / thirsty between now and then you can always come over and help me get Stella ready for the trip.

I've got one more trailing arm block to do and then adjust the tranny. Then she'll be ready for a road test. Hopefully do a shakedown this weekend.

#96 Vegablade

Vegablade

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Concrete WA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

This weekend:

• New Clutch
  • Replace Passenger Control Arm/Radius Rod
  • Replace Driveline
  • Figure Out Some Sort Of Exhaust

Hopefully should be ready to run after that.  Should be fun.

#97 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,130 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

If you guys go up there with some humility and use your spotters rather than mashing the pedal, you should indeed have a great time. Sitting around fixing broken stuff is not necessarily having a good time. :)

#98 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,403 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

If you guys go up there with some humility and use your spotters rather than mashing the pedal, you should indeed have a great time. Sitting around fixing broken stuff is not necessarily having a good time. :)

BullSHEET!  My wheeler is the most bad rump roast piece of machinery ever to exist, and I will drive full throttle over any and all obstacles.  Suck my dust, losers!

NOT

#99 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,426 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

BullSHEET!  My wheeler is the most bad rump roast piece of machinery ever to exist, and I will drive full throttle over any and all obstacles.  Suck my dust, losers!

NOT

"not full throttle. Does Not Compute."

WFO baby!

in all seriousness I do know when to go fast and when to go slow..Today I need to get off my rump roast and install in engine,in the 100+* heat :(

Edited by Uberoo, 27 July 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#100 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,426 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

I think I am not going to let anyone borrow my tools ever again. I let my friend  borrow my engine hoist "for a day" as he said,only that was a week and a half ago.Today I went and rented an engine hoist only to get it home and find out the jack was messed up and wouldn't hold any pressure.So unless I can get my engine hoist back or borrow one in a day or so I wont be going.At least I have 30 gallons of diesel and 15 gallons of gas at my house for when I need it.!!@!##%#^$^&%$&^^&*&(()*()!!!!!!@!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very pissed right now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nw washington offroad, Offroad, Wheeling, mid Summer Run, Hatch Patrol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users