Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NWWO Mid Summer Run August 2-4, Evans Creek ORV Park

Nw washington offroad Offroad Wheeling mid Summer Run Hatch Patrol

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#101 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,124 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

Get your buddy to help you lift it back in. It's only a Soob engine, pretty light stuff. . .

#102 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,421 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

I need to reseal the oil pan before I can stuff the engine in though

#103 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,421 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

Got the engine hoist back so the race is on.

#104 NorthCoast

NorthCoast

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 435 posts
  • Puyallup, WA

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

Almost ready...

Took her for a shakedown yesterday.  Just a couple things to tidy up.

IMAG0203.jpg

#105 Vegablade

Vegablade

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 505 posts
  • Concrete WA

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

With a bunch of help from Jeff, this weekend was quite productive.

Swapped my clutch and built exhaust for both my car and his.

248997_10201689047418981_2045818892_n.jp

1006278_10201689047658987_370095013_n.jp

Edited by Vegablade, 29 July 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#106 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,421 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

I also swapped in my engine and got everything bundled up today,took forever to get the timing spot on and a few other things.In the morning I will tack weld a section of my exhaust in place(I'm changing it out after I get home because the 2" exhaust pipe that on it has got to GO.)Then add oil and hopefully she will be ready to go.Then after that the only things left to do will be to wire my trailer lights and pack.

#107 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,421 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

I won't be going.Turns out the engine was a dud.First start up and everything seemed normal other than the oil pressure dropped by 10 PSI the longer it ran.Started at 80 psi then dropped down after a minute or so.I decided to go for a drive and it was showing 40 PSI at cold idle.Everything seemed fine on the drive, went up to 80 psi at redline after it warmed up.Got home and it was idling at 20 psi and I noticed a faint tapping sound from under the hood.Oil pressure dropped to 15, then to 10.By the time I opened the hood it was at zero psi at idle,the faint tapping was now distinctive rod knock on the number 2 or number 4 cylinder.I closed the hood and backed into its spot and idled it to its death. 3 minutes in it seized, not totally seized anyway the starter can kinda spin it but not fast enough to start it.This is a new record I have never killed an engine 15 minutes after I got it started for the first time.

I have no idea what went wrong other than the oil pressure dropped in steps rather than all at once. IE 80 to 70,30 seconds later 70-60,etc.The oil pressure seemed really variable based on rpm,blip the throttle and oil pressure would spike.

#108 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,124 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

I heard you're not getting off that easy. . .  ;)

#109 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,411 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

I am bringing my bike.
No more Stella, No more hatch.
waiting for Nellie to be done to wheel a car....

So, Jessie and I are going Friday morn., then hopefully riding the day away.
Waiting for mu fuckas to show up...See ya at the camping area.
cheers

#110 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,421 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

Im tempted to bring my bike but I really dont see when I could ride it or where to leave so it where it would be safe.

#111 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,250 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

I

I have no idea what went wrong other than the oil pressure dropped in steps rather than all at once. IE 80 to 70,30 seconds later 70-60,etc.The oil pressure seemed really variable based on rpm,blip the throttle and oil pressure would spike.

Backing plate screws on the oil pump?

I burned a valve last night on my 2.2  (have a feeling the guide is bad, it had been an oil burning pig for a while)

Gonna swap in the ole EJ18 to make the trip.

Edited by Gloyale, 01 August 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#112 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,411 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

Im tempted to bring my bike but I really dont see when I could ride it or where to leave so it where it would be safe.

Motorcycle.Not bicycle.....

#113 NorthCoast

NorthCoast

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 435 posts
  • Puyallup, WA

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

When he said he might bring his bike this is the image that came to mind...

Big-Wheel-Tricycle_102.jpg

Don't forget your helmet!   :P

#114 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,124 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

Floral-Bell-Faction-Bike-Helmet-BMX-Skat

#115 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,250 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

"new" old engine installed.  EJ18 definately missing some ponies from the 2.2

but at least it's running.

See ya at Evans

#116 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,411 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:08 AM

Sweet. We just finished putting a new drive line and axle in Jessie's rig...

Put the new tires on my bike....
See ya bitches tomorrow.

#117 one eye

one eye

I'm A Subaholic

• Members
  • 2,572 posts
  • Mt.Vernon Washington

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:32 AM

Robert came over from id hes here now and we are swapping an ej18 of mine in his hatch almost there just needs the clutch and intake slapped on and it should fire...... i hope

#118 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,250 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

Left from Corvallis @ 4pm

Stopped in P town to meet up with redXTwedgie and give him his ej22 harness. Headed to Evans after that.

#119 Vegablade

Vegablade

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 505 posts
  • Concrete WA

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

And with a incredibly bad find i'm out.  Rear passenger wheel bearing is toast.  Like move the whole wheel in circles bad.  Drivers side is fine.  Castle nut is tight.  Going to get the trailing arm  removed this week and replace the bearings.  I thought i was hearing my driveline make noise but turns out it was this instead :(.  I'm pissed.

#120 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,128 posts
  • WA

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:42 AM

I was up there for a few hours today, rode along with Jesse and Qman - had a blast, thanks guys.

Looks like there was the usual breakage - axles and what not.

We took a run up a particular nasty trail and some guys just couldnt take advice and go back.

Hope you fixed what broke and made it back down ok.

#121 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,421 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:40 AM

I made it home,but my car didn't.was driving on WA261 toward pomeroy.got to the bottom of a hill and felt a jerk and I looked back only to see my subaru leaving me.It went off the back of the trailer and kept going until it found a tree about as wide as the car itself and centerpunched it at ~50 mph.just looking at the car it is 10000% totaled.The front is all smashed up,the transmission is broken,the front diff got pushed rearward about 2-3".The T case may or may not be broken, both doors are jammed shut,the windshield is cracked, and the roof is bent,even the spare tire mount ripped out of the body.

I don't know what happened because when I turned onto WA261 I stopped and tightened everything up.I went most of the way then it came undone due to washingtons bumpy roads and turns.

In the morning I will go back and pick it up.Gutted.

If there is a silver lining to this I guess it would be that it hit a tree rather than a house or even an on coming car.I don't know how I could go on living if it had come loose and killed somebody.

Edited by Uberoo, 05 August 2013 - 01:59 AM.

#122 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,411 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

Holy spoob.

At least you are ok.

That sucks.....

You gotta post pics.

#123 NorthCoast

NorthCoast

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 435 posts
  • Puyallup, WA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

I was up there for a few hours today, rode along with Jesse and Qman - had a blast, thanks guys.

Looks like there was the usual breakage - axles and what not.

We took a run up a particular nasty trail and some guys just couldnt take advice and go back.

Hope you fixed what broke and made it back down ok.

Rob you forgot to mention the guys that didn't take the advice was another group made up of mostly stock jeeps. If it wasn't for those guys I don't think we would have had half the troubles. That trail was nasty though. Really wish I had followed GLoyale the rest of the way up but I didn't want to leave my bros behind. Turned around at the top after Uberoo snapped an axle and headed back down to make sure Austin got his A-arm put back into place.

All in all it was fun times. Loved the 311 trail. Very happy with the way Stella performed, especially the VSLD that I put in the day of the trip.  I wish I could have stayed another day but I had junior with me and he needed to get home.

Sorry to hear about your car Uberoo. 

#124 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,128 posts
  • WA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

The Jeep guys pulled over and let us pass because they did take our advice (I assume) and turned around and went back down.

Yes, the jeep guys pulled over in a poor spot, but I dont think they could have done it any where else considering most were stock with clueless drivers.

All they did was slow us down really.

When you are to stubborn and hard headed to listen to veterans, you break stuff and have to have others recover your rump roast on the trail.

I've had to turn back a few times in the past, sometimes you just gotta swallow the pride.

Also, crazy story uberoo. Glad no one was hurt.

#125 NorthCoast

NorthCoast

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 435 posts
  • Puyallup, WA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

The Jeep guys pulled over and let us pass because they did take our advice (I assume) and turned around and went back down.

Yes, the jeep guys pulled over in a poor spot, but I dont think they could have done it any where else considering most were stock with clueless drivers.

All they did was slow us down really.

When you are to stubborn and hard headed to listen to veterans, you break stuff and have to have others recover your rump roast on the trail.

I've had to turn back a few times in the past, sometimes you just gotta swallow the pride.

Also, crazy story uberoo. Glad no one was hurt.

Yeah you guys were long gone by the time it was my turn to go up.

Don't know why people don't listen... especially to the spotters.  When I'm fortunate enough to have a spotter I just listen to them and watch for hand signals.  They can see what's going on, I can't. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nw washington offroad, Offroad, Wheeling, mid Summer Run, Hatch Patrol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users