Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NWWO Mid Summer Run August 2-4, Evans Creek ORV Park

one eye

Heres my EC pictures.I had some action shots but the camera's settings were off so they all came out blurry.

http://s109.photobucket.com/user/Uberoo/library/?view=recent&page=1

and here is what my car looks like now.

http://s109.photobucket.com/user/Uberoo/library/Subaru%20stuff/crash?sort=3&page=1

the impact was just off center on the passenger side,but both doors were jammed shut.The lift "subframe" was pretty much destroyed up until the rear most blocks. the 2x3X.125 box channel that I welded in for the lower radiator support crushed in and hit the transmission with not only enough force to break the bellhousing but to shift the transmission so much that the drive shaft was ripped out.The front suspension is all intertwined so it will take a cutting torch to get the front diff/axles out.

If the doors wern't jammed shut I might be tempted to make a tube front and just hang some body panels off the tube,but even the passenger compartment got shorter by 1-2",the passenger side has a 1" gap above the door window..

Anybody have a hatch sheel thats reasonably straight?

Edited by Uberoo

Wow. 

Good thing it hit the tree really.  Looks like there is a building just a few hundred feet from where it hit.

Looks like if a passenger had been in it they would have walked away......provided they were wearing a seatbelt.

That was also without an engine.With an engine everything would have been pushed back even further.

the right front tire got pushed back atleast 6 inches, and the tire is entirely out of the body work.I'm debating on cutting out all the sheetmetal and welding in some tubes just to hang fenders off and stuff.If I could even open any of the doors.

Edited by Uberoo

Uberoo, sorry bout the mishap, glad no body got hurt, if the windshields good, not cracked if it was me I would straighten it as good as I could , chop some of the front  off and build it back up with tubing, easier then you think , get anew hood and fenders and the sheet metal will help you line it all back up, I used to work in a Autobody shop

Holy crap man! That sucks bad! Good thing no one was hurt. I say tube the front and put her back together.

The weekend was great though! Monstaru and I did some riding on Friday and saved camp sites for the group. We headed into the trails sat morning with 8 subies 1 heep and 1 yota. Had some problems with the "city heeps" blocking the trail, but still got some good wheelin in for the day. Sunday morning for a final run I led Uberoo and Gloyale up upper 311 for a great end to the weekend.  As always it was great to see everyone and meet/wheel with a couple new faces. And it was great that the Hatch Patrol guys made it up for some good wheelin Saturday morning.

Jesse

• Like 1

Holy crap man! That sucks bad! Good thing no one was hurt. I say tube the front and put her back together.

The weekend was great though! Monstaru and I did some riding on Friday and saved camp sites for the group. We headed into the trails sat morning with 8 subies 1 heep and 1 yota. Had some problems with the "city heeps" blocking the trail, but still got some good wheelin in for the day. Sunday morning for a final run I led Uberoo and Gloyale up upper 311 for a great end to the weekend.  As always it was great to see everyone and meet/wheel with a couple new faces. And it was great that the Hatch Patrol guys made it up for some good wheelin Saturday morning.

Jesse

So get to posting some of those pics I know you took!!

OK whats the Damage Count?

EJ A- Arm, what else?

I blew a stub axle and kept having to adjust my clutch,Butters broke the carrier bearing,an EA82 blew a stub axle,and the other EA81 hatch blew a front axle on to road to EC.For the life of me I can't remember their names,but they will probably be along shortly.

Uberoo, sorry bout the mishap, glad no body got hurt, if the windshields good, not cracked if it was me I would straighten it as good as I could , chop some of the front  off and build it back up with tubing, easier then you think , get anew hood and fenders and the sheet metal will help you line it all back up, I used to work in a Autobody shop

I think this shell is done.It kinked the roof at the passenger side B pillar and created a gap above the window big enough to fit my hand through.It did crack the windshield.the frame rail/strut tower on the passenger side is destroyed.It even destroyed the 1/4" steel lift block.the driver side strut tower might be still intact, but in front of the strut tower is caved in.

I don't know how I could straighten out the cab/passenger compartment to unjam the doors or even fix the kink in the roof.I am going to run some errands today and after I get done I will remove the hood,bumper, and fenders and see what I can do to pull out the driver's side to the point I can open the door and get all my stuff out.

I guess one good thing came out of this, your welds held........  Like I said in that PM Ill keep looking for a hatch around here for ya!!!

Hang in there..............

Jeff

Edited by one eye