Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hello from Vegas.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lvsarge

lvsarge

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Las Vegas

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

Hi guys. I have been trolling the forum for a few weeks as I was searching for an older Subaru picking up some advice from the posts already given. I currently own a '06 Sti which I purchased new off the lot with a whopping 3 miles on it, and have been taking care of her ever since. It's been a wonderful ride. I just recently picked up my 2nd Subaru, and 1st "classic" a 79 BRAT, so I'm here to learn a few things and see if I can't put her back into proper running order. The BRAT has the notorious shifter slop which I am trying to fix by fab'ing my own bushings however I also noticed (after I took her home) that there's a slight leak coming from the transmission where the linkage goes in. Probably a seal, I am guessing. I will peruse the forums some more to see if I can't find a cause/fix for this but in the mean time I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. So. "Hello".

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,652 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

Welcome to the USMB!

#3 ericstell

ericstell

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • denver colorado

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

welcome im in denver colorado

#4 scole665

scole665

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Phoenix

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Hey, welcome. There aren't too many other cars that make people smile like a BRAT does. Plus, if you haven't ready noticed, everyone has a BRAT story from their youth. Best of luck with her. I have a '79 BRAT myself. Are you gonna show us a picture or six? 

#5 nobangmycar

nobangmycar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Edendale, New Zealand

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

Great!  Fantastic to see another person with a 70's Subaru!  Gotta love the old stuff!

#6 lvsarge

lvsarge

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Las Vegas

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Hey guys, sorry! I am pretty busy on my local car club forum and haven't really been on here as much as I'd like (or working on my brat, as much as I'd like). Other than the issues I've stated above there was some nasty rust in the wheel wells of the bed, from what i've seen is pretty common. I've cut it out and will be welding in the scrap plate this weekend. Here's a photo of the truck and car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users