Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello from Vegas.

Hi guys. I have been trolling the forum for a few weeks as I was searching for an older Subaru picking up some advice from the posts already given. I currently own a '06 Sti which I purchased new off the lot with a whopping 3 miles on it, and have been taking care of her ever since. It's been a wonderful ride. I just recently picked up my 2nd Subaru, and 1st "classic" a 79 BRAT, so I'm here to learn a few things and see if I can't put her back into proper running order. The BRAT has the notorious shifter slop which I am trying to fix by fab'ing my own bushings however I also noticed (after I took her home) that there's a slight leak coming from the transmission where the linkage goes in. Probably a seal, I am guessing. I will peruse the forums some more to see if I can't find a cause/fix for this but in the mean time I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. So. "Hello".

Hey, welcome. There aren't too many other cars that make people smile like a BRAT does. Plus, if you haven't ready noticed, everyone has a BRAT story from their youth. Best of luck with her. I have a '79 BRAT myself. Are you gonna show us a picture or six? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry! I am pretty busy on my local car club forum and haven't really been on here as much as I'd like (or working on my brat, as much as I'd like). Other than the issues I've stated above there was some nasty rust in the wheel wells of the bed, from what i've seen is pretty common. I've cut it out and will be welding in the scrap plate this weekend. Here's a photo of the truck and car.

th_WP_20130427_004_zpsbff1dcf7.jpg

th_WP_20130427_003_zps66be5e99.jpg