Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Possible Donor Car Questions

Currently have a 78 Subaru wagon GL 4wd 4spd. I have an option to buy a 79 Wagon DL 2wd non running for really cheap. Would most of the body and non engine/tranny parts be a direct replacement? Looking for a solid donor parts car as it seems to be in ok shape. Any info would be helpful. Thanks USMB world... as always. 

• 2 weeks later...

No, I have a pretty solid 78 rust free wagon. More looking just in general for spare parts and whatnot. A feeler mainly. Especially something located locally. Not in the market to ship something too far. The big thing would be a solid motor. I'd like to rebuild one while I still have the runner in the car. Still in the works at ironing out some kinks though. Darn thing sat for a long time before I got her. She runs though. Just rough. Trying to get her to be a daily driver without pulling the motor; but that is where it keeps leading towards. 

pour marvel mystery oil down the carburetor lightly as it is running, after that all burns off pour small amounts of water down the carb to steam clean the valves. I know it works, I have done the same thing to two other subarus. then after you get it nice and clean, get a weber!

Edited by Reza