Just got back from my buddies fab shop and my fly wheel looks amazing. I had him make a template out of 1/2" steel and we bought the right size bits for his Mag drill. The jig bolts to the fly wheel via Pilot bearing and a bolt, so once its bolted down to the table there is very little chance of movement. I asked him now that we have everything built for the jig how long it would take to do start to finish. 20 minutes.
So for the Alaskan's on the board that need flywheels redrilled, it can be done in Fairbanks now. He is going to be starting the adapter plate this weekend and hopefully after that I get can him on making up some shift linkage setups.
1. Ordering up a EA82 clutch this weekend, I'm still a little stumped on the pressure plate because I've heard that they dont actually make a XT6 PP anymore and its just a EA82 PP thrown into the XT6 clutch kit. Any truth behind this?
2. I'm going to run 23 spline 93 2wd Impreza axles for now, I dont really want to tear into a perfectly good D/R just to change stubs out.
3. 2003 5MT wagon driveline is the correct driveline for the swap?
4. Making tranny x-member. I was thinking of just cutting down the EA mount and rewelding the ends on to adapt to my EJ lift. Or is there an easier way?
5. Shift linkage - I gotta pull the linkage today when I get to the shop, wondering if the extra shifter will interfere with a possible dual ebrake setup for the rear?
I think thats it for now, I gotta try and find a dry flat spot in my yard to get my car jacked up and get the AWD tranny out.. that should be fun considering we have snow in the forcast for the next week...