Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Jumpseat measurements.

what roll bar do you have?  the normal one with the 2 front pillars and the support pillars that go to the wheel humps?  the one we did for Shadabobs brat (you can see it in readers rides) fit a full sized spare under the jump seats, and it also has the roll bar, so Im pretty sure it will.

I dont know where he got his roll bar though so check the pictures out.

http--,,--//IMG_2110.jpg

I believe It's off of a ford ranger trimmed up to fit Brat. Seems a little tight where the jumpseats would go. I'm thinking I may have to trim up the seat frame a bit, if possible, to make it fit. I hope not.

Edited by jonas

I cant measure since I dont have one, but heres a link to a guy with a bright blue roll bar installed and the seats with it. should give you some idea of spacing (best pic is about halfway down).  he doesnt have the headrests so if you want those you have to add about 6 inches of height, but I still think it will clear.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/129380-subaru-brat-1985-restoration/

Cool, thanks. I'll get some pics up tomorrow. My tubes are fatter and it's a gen 2 which I believe is a bit wider than the Gen 1's but it's looking like I can make a set fit with little to no modding.

I'm thinking remove the bar, install the seat frame, drop bar back in, then put the seats in. Probably have to move the seats a little closer together. There's about a 2 inch gap between the bar and the bed.