Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1995 Subaru Legacy L Sedan 2.2L

ScoobyTSSO23

good. well what club? i'd like to know. I was thinking about starting a Legacy specific club cause i have 4 of them. we should hang some time.

You have four legacys?? What years?? Any 5 speed or willing to get rid of one possibly?

Edit. Woops. You said tri state, i read it as Tri City xD my bad.

Superu, 5-speed right? And plasti dip the two tone??

Woah, man. I love the before and afters! I'm really liking the stars decal in the driver side rear. What have you done to it exactly??

Yes 5 speed, no to plasti dip. It's actually rust-O-ex paint. I wanted real paint, but $$$ made that a no   ;)

Thanks!

SUSPENSION: 99 outback struts; 94 SVX front springs, 98 forester rear springs; 99 OB rear sway bar

TIRES: General Grabber AT2 27x8.5 14 (on 14" proline rims from Pep-Boys)

STEERING: 99 LGT rack

DRIVETRAIN: stock NA EJ22 with 178K; AUDM 98 forester dual range FT AWD 5MT w/ 4.11 FD and 1.447:1 lo range; 84 RX rear CLS unit in 99 OB rear diff (4.11 ratio) behind a rear diff protector (off a 99 forester); 90 legacy rear disc swap

INTERIOR: 99 LGT tall console cover; 98 OB rear seat bottom (folds up, sedan doesn't)

BUMPER: customized Mudrat Baja bumper

EXTERIOR: 98 OB hood; JDM side markers; Rust-O-ex 2-tone paint ([faded/oxidized] satin black); custom black reflective AWD vinyl; custom black boxer crank and pistons vinyl; custom gen 2 legacy Subaru stars vinyl.

off the top of my head, that's the mod list. . . . 

Here's a journal over at DI

http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24416

BUT this is YOUR thread man   ;)

Edited by superu

Yes 5 speed, no to plasti dip. It's actually rust-O-ex paint. I wanted real paint, but $$$ made that a no ;)

Thanks!

SUSPENSION: 99 outback struts; 94 SVX front springs, 98 forester rear springs; 99 OB rear sway bar

TIRES: General Grabber AT2 27x8.5 14 (on 14" proline rims from Pep-Boys)

STEERING: 99 LGT rack

DRIVETRAIN: stock NA EJ22 with 178K; AUDM 98 forester dual range FT AWD 5MT w/ 4.11 FD and 1.447:1 lo range; 84 RX rear CLS unit in 99 OB rear diff (4.11 ratio) behind a rear diff protector (off a 99 forester)

INTERIOR: 99 LGT tall console cover; 98 OB rear seat bottom (folds up, sedan doesn't)

BUMPER: customized Mudrat Baja bumper

EXTERIOR: 98 OB hood; JDM side markers; Rust-O-ex 2-tone paint ([faded/oxidized] satin black); custom black reflective AWD vinyl; custom black boxer crank and pistons vinyl; custom gen 2 legacy Subaru stars vinyl.

off the top of my head, that's the mod list. . . .

BUT this is YOUR thread man ;)

I don't mind it. I love hearing about cars like that. Gives me ideas. Dude that sounds like a beast of a car. How much money you got in it??

I don't mind it. I love hearing about cars like that. Gives me ideas. Dude that sounds like a beast of a car. How much money you got in it??

haha, yeah it's pretty good!!  Idea shopping, lots of questions and some solo figuring got me this far with mine. 

Uuum, yeah.. No idea what I've got in it... I've never added it up. It'd probably make me sad.  ;)

Feel free to ask away, I'll be happy to share what I know, figured out and have done!  Others here and other forums are knowledgable and helpful too.

Edited by superu

I found that out. I just got Audi style l.e.d. Lights on my headlights yesterday. Id just like a little more power.. I'm not sure how to get it without spending an arm, two feet and a kidney.

yeah copy that!!

Find an EJ25 (78-110K) and do head gaskets. I think phase 2 is the way to go (post '99). . . I think it's plug-n-play swap for an EJ22. 30ish HP boost for a couple hundred bucks (and time).

superu, do you know any more details on that motor, block year or head year, that combo doesn't sound like it'd be good for boost to me. the dohc ej25 heads and ej20 dohc heads of similar years have very similar construction, unless he changed out pistons it would be relatively close to stock compression

superu, do you know any more details on that motor, block year or head year, that combo doesn't sound like it'd be good for boost to me. the dohc ej25 heads and ej20 dohc heads of similar years have very similar construction, unless he changed out pistons it would be relatively close to stock compression

I think they were forged pistons. It went into a rally car. I think the set-up bumped up around 10:1 (which on a 2.0 turbo would be high... ) plus boost... It was tuned right around 200 WHP but something sick like 280 ft/lbs of torque.

the motor did not last very long, other things were probably at play, like bearings. . . .

I can get more details. it sounded liek a great set-up but longevity was not a characteristic that played out.

I hear the 2.2 heads don't flow as well as the 2.5s and the 2.0 DOHC are good like 2.5s.

what questions do you want to  know and I'll relay your questions to the owner.

Projects: I just got new tires on her, I'm converting rear drum brakes to disc brakes so I havesiscs all around, 2 12" subs in the trunk, just need a n amp to hook her up, new seats coming soon, tightening up the linkage, new heatshield bracket so it stops rattling and new clutch. All working the next month and a half. And also starting on removing some visible body rust. I got one tire back from the shop today and he was amazed it didn't blow out. I'll put pics up soon of it. I guess I got twice as many miles out of them than rated for. I'd like to find a scooped hood, rear spoiler, maybe a roof rack and non-stock rims. Also getting trunk/door weatherstriping soon because all of that is almost shot. Oh, almost forgot, getting fog lights soon too! All sorts of new goodies soon. I'm excited!

I found that out. I just got Audi style l.e.d. Lights on my headlights yesterday. Id just like a little more power.. I'm not sure how to get it without spending an arm, two feet and a kidney.

haha, I just reread this and now I think you were talking about wanting more power from you headlights, not more power than an EJ22. XD

for that thought, you can swap(with minimal mod) in 99 OB multi reflector headlights and get more (photon/lumen) power ;)