This is kind of a weird topic and I wasn't quite sure where to place it. So, here goes...
I've been doing some searching of the threads and there is not a lot on carpet replacement. There are a few ideas being thrown around but nothing to really go on. What I've gained so far is that you can get fitted carpet for a Brat on JC Whitney, but just the front part. I searched out some other Subaru models of the same year and couldn't come up with anything. My thinking was that a hatchback should have the same carpet, possibly even a wagon, not sure about an XT. If I could get the front and back for one of these models I could cut the back to fit the brat.This is the reason I posted this in retrofitting. Yet, there are other options when it comes to carpert that I would like addresed for the good of the Subaru Nation.
1. using carpet rolls. I'm scared it's goint to look like crap because I've never done it. Has anyone else done this? Pics? Tips?
2. Bed linner coating. I'm not sure if this look is right for my car since it's more for the occasional camping trip or driving across the pass in winter. Those of you that have done it, how do you like it? Pics?
3. Rubber matting. It's kind of a cross between carpet and bedliner but I'm not sure how it would look or fit right. I guess I could use a heat gun to mold it, I just don't want to spend the cash and then screw it up. Has anyone else done this, and once again pics?
4. What other crazy things have you done to replace your carpet?
5. let's not forget about what carpet will fit in what car.
Let's make this the end all of carpet threads. Did you just roll your eyes at me? How dare you.