I just put a new motor in our 94 legacy wagon, and it came up with CEL code 35, purge valve. I changed it out, ran this procedure to clear the code:
- Start and warm up the engine
- Turn ignition switch to the "OFF" position
- Connect both pairs of connectors, the read memory and clear memory connector pairs
- Turn ignition switch to the "ON" position (engine off)
- The check engine light should come on
- Depress the accelerator pedal completely and then return
it to half throttle position and hold it there for two seconds. Release
- Start engine
- Check engine light should go out (codes cleared)
- If it doesn't go out, go check the code and fix the problem
- If it does go out I have found that practically you can
stop here and disconnect connectors. But the book wants more, including
driving at speed greater than 7MPH for at least one minute, tranny in
high gear, at least 2000 RPM, etc.
I ended up running it down the road, and the CEL began to flash. I assumed it was the all clear signal. Well, now it won't stop flashing. I ran the stored and current code procedures, and all seems good. However, the CEL is still flashing constantly. Any suggestions? I currently have the battery disconnected to see if that will remedy the problem. My hope is that someone has encountered this issue.
Edited by Brat78, 19 May 2013 - 07:11 PM.