Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to the world of Subaru... recovering Jeep addict

So after doing a decent bit of looking, I found a 2002 Impreza TS Wagon, dark blue, in a 5speed, with 80k on the odometer! It has various dents and dings, but, it completely unmolested so far for aftermarket! :)

Here it is at the dealership (that I swore Id never buy from)

IMG_2468_zps00007258.jpg

IMG_2467_zps8b944d1c.jpg

yes, the headlights were HORRIBLE... I was under the impression they were going ot replace them.. no, the cheap asses buffed them.. still foggy, but serviceable until I get replacements, which, I need recommendations for...

Here it is at home:

IMG_2513_zps5ea8acd7.jpg

IMG_2514_zps5d54321c.jpg

With the exception of all the damn tire shine under the hood, the engine bay is VERY clean

IMG_2515_zpsc096eea7.jpg

And yes, the interior is really that clean with 80,000 miles on it...

IMG_2516_zps25dd90cd.jpg

Just be warned that the ej25 isn't a jeep 4.0.... you actually need to keep coolant and oil in it (and even change it). You can drive a 4.0 with very little to no oil for a few years overheating the whole time, and it'll still work, a subaru will be all like LOL you suck. And die.

• Like 3

I know of a set of WRX headlights for 02/03 from a local Subaru group Im on... he may ship them (brand new bulbs too) and they are SUPER nice... Ill see if I cant get him on here.

WRXLights_zps321533bf.jpg

Other option is JDM lights off Ebay or Morettes (super expensive though)

Edited by 92_rugby_subie

Nice "BugEye" Impreza!

JDM Lights on a USDM Car will point the Light Beam in the Wrong Direction, which could be Dangerous due to Blinding the incoming Driver's sight.

Kind Regards.

i finally dont feel like the only person in the world who gets this lol

You can, however, adjust jdm lights properly not to blind traffic in the US.

I agrre i just wish more people were aware of this. i cant tell you how many times I've had the conversation at meets "yea those are JDM headlights" "ohh really thats cool did you adjust the beam pattern?" "uhh i dont know what you mean" same conversation i always have about JDM mirriors