Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Outback sport - Bragging and speaker questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kevinrogosch

kevinrogosch

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Manhattan, KS

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:02 PM

I just got a 99 outback sport from a very cool dude in the Denver area. I LOVE IT!!! 8200 bucks for 75000 miles of perfect upkeep...the car is like new. It has a clear bra on the front (which i had never heard of, but its actualy very nifty), a sirius sat. system, which is very cool. However, it has horrible speakers. I need to upgrade, but is there any cheap (under 200) set that makes a big difference? I dont want a sub, but i would love more base. Do the underseat ones work well? i cant imagine i want to be vibrated so much... Any ideas?? While im at it, who doesnt install lumbar support in their seats? Subaru! I guess there is a fine line btwn love and hate... but i love my soobies!

#2 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:20 PM

Congrats on your new toy.

No lumbar supports?.. Lame.. even my 87 Subaru has adjustable lumbar supports

#3 kevinrogosch

kevinrogosch

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Manhattan, KS

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:47 PM

Tell me about it...i dont know if Impreza is supposed to be stripped down. I guess I'll pay it off this summer and put my checks into getting a few add ons. (ie - map light, alloy rims, maybe even a nice cooshy aftermarket seat, and most definatly some new speakers.)

#4 PAezb

PAezb

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • USA

Posted 18 April 2004 - 06:36 AM

However, it has horrible speakers. I need to upgrade, but is there any cheap (under 200) set that makes a big difference? I dont want a sub, but i would love more base. Do the underseat ones work well? i cant imagine i want to be vibrated so much... Any ideas?? !

Congratulations on your new ride. Probably any of the name brand after market speakers (Pioneer, Infinity, Boston Acoutics, Polk, etc.) will give you noticeable improvement over the stock drivers you have now. You might want to start with giving the folks at Crutchfield a call - www.crutchfield.com

Not the cheapest, but good selection for varying budgets, and the salespeople are usually very knowledgeable and should be able to make some solid recommendations for you based on the car, radio, and your expectations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users