Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Outback sport - Bragging and speaker questions

I just got a 99 outback sport from a very cool dude in the Denver area. I LOVE IT!!! 8200 bucks for 75000 miles of perfect upkeep...the car is like new. It has a clear bra on the front (which i had never heard of, but its actualy very nifty), a sirius sat. system, which is very cool. However, it has horrible speakers. I need to upgrade, but is there any cheap (under 200) set that makes a big difference? I dont want a sub, but i would love more base. Do the underseat ones work well? i cant imagine i want to be vibrated so much... Any ideas?? While im at it, who doesnt install lumbar support in their seats? Subaru! I guess there is a fine line btwn love and hate... but i love my soobies!

Tell me about it...i dont know if Impreza is supposed to be stripped down. I guess I'll pay it off this summer and put my checks into getting a few add ons. (ie - map light, alloy rims, maybe even a nice cooshy aftermarket seat, and most definatly some new speakers.)

However, it has horrible speakers. I need to upgrade, but is there any cheap (under 200) set that makes a big difference? I dont want a sub, but i would love more base. Do the underseat ones work well? i cant imagine i want to be vibrated so much... Any ideas?? !

Congratulations on your new ride. Probably any of the name brand after market speakers (Pioneer, Infinity, Boston Acoutics, Polk, etc.) will give you noticeable improvement over the stock drivers you have now. You might want to start with giving the folks at Crutchfield a call - www.crutchfield.com

Not the cheapest, but good selection for varying budgets, and the salespeople are usually very knowledgeable and should be able to make some solid recommendations for you based on the car, radio, and your expectations.