Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

good place to hide wires from lights on my basket?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 92loyale59

92loyale59

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

okay so i have been trying to figure out a way to run the power and ground wires from my lights on my roof basket to the hood or inside of my car in any way . i was thinking about running it down the gutters to the hood but i need a better idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,611 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

run them down the b-pillar behind the trim behind the seat belt, under the rocker sill and thru a grommet under the hood. maybe use a pigtail connector so that you can unplug the whole rig if you ever had to remove the roof rack. you could just ground the lights locally to the rack or the body of the car.

Edited by MilesFox, 24 May 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#3 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:23 PM

Curious as to how you mounted the lights on your basket. My frame of the basket is too thin to drill through and fit the bolt. Pictures of how you or others mounted ? 

#4 92loyale59

92loyale59

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

yeah i will try to get some pictures up tonight

#5 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

Curious as to how you mounted the lights on your basket. My frame of the basket is too thin to drill through and fit the bolt. Pictures of how you or others mounted ? 

#6 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

1450840_550283781712447_1686732469_n_zps

I want to do something similar but the rack i have is too small to drill through. sweet ride! how big are those tires? anything from closer so i could see how they are mounted?

#7 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

I want to do something similar but the rack i have is too small to drill through. sweet ride! how big are those tires? anything from closer so i could see how they are mounted?

I don't have any pics up close, but they are drilled down through the top tube on the basket, then longer bolts with washers. The metal was pretty thin on mine too, but with them tightened down well, they are nice and secure. The tires are 27x8.50x14 Grabbers. Thanks!

#8 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

I don't have any pics up close, but they are drilled down through the top tube on the basket, then longer bolts with washers. The metal was pretty thin on mine too, but with them tightened down well, they are nice and secure. The tires are 27x8.50x14 Grabbers. Thanks!

wow hard to believe i run the same size tire. How much did those run you? im looking for new tires. 

#9 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

wow hard to believe i run the same size tire. How much did those run you? im looking for new tires. 

Pretty sure it was around $415 shipped for the 4.

#10 92loyale59

92loyale59

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

cant get the pics to up load . shoot me a text and i will send you some pics . 5032061688. Drew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users