Ultimate Subaru Message Board

good place to hide wires from lights on my basket?

92loyale59

okay so i have been trying to figure out a way to run the power and ground wires from my lights on my roof basket to the hood or inside of my car in any way . i was thinking about running it down the gutters to the hood but i need a better idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated

run them down the b-pillar behind the trim behind the seat belt, under the rocker sill and thru a grommet under the hood. maybe use a pigtail connector so that you can unplug the whole rig if you ever had to remove the roof rack. you could just ground the lights locally to the rack or the body of the car.

Edited by MilesFox

• 8 months later...

I want to do something similar but the rack i have is too small to drill through. sweet ride! how big are those tires? anything from closer so i could see how they are mounted?

I don't have any pics up close, but they are drilled down through the top tube on the basket, then longer bolts with washers. The metal was pretty thin on mine too, but with them tightened down well, they are nice and secure. The tires are 27x8.50x14 Grabbers. Thanks!

I don't have any pics up close, but they are drilled down through the top tube on the basket, then longer bolts with washers. The metal was pretty thin on mine too, but with them tightened down well, they are nice and secure. The tires are 27x8.50x14 Grabbers. Thanks!

wow hard to believe i run the same size tire. How much did those run you? im looking for new tires.