Ultimate Subaru Message Board

6pack for help w/ weber conversion on ea81

the head light problem could be a lot of different things. it could be the relay, switch, conections,shorts, fraid/broken wires, the head lights them selves, ect. i had a weird problem with the headlights on one of my subaru's where some one wired in a radio and it cut in to a power source that turned out to be on the same one as the head light relay causeing it to short out making the head lights not work.

I have an extra EA-81 y-pipe if you need it.  

There are two round silver relays under the dash next to the fuse box held in place by a rubber ring.  check if these are getting power from the harness. Also check if the headlight fuse is getting power from the harness.

• 4 weeks later...

anyone with an engine hoist able to help me this weekend?

got the engine installed and everything swapped, but somehow coolant got into the engine... maybe a bad intake gasket?

only have access to a garage for another week before I have to move it back to my driveway...

I fear it may be a head gasket though... Thus the engine hoist request. But I'll check that! is it connected to the whole system inside the intake? I thought it was separate... and if you just don't hook it up it doesn't do anything...?