Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ea81 brake experts? couple of q's.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 18 April 2004 - 10:34 AM

I've got a strage problem Austin and I incountered while getting my brakes blead. 2 of the wheels, the passenger side front wheel, and the drivers side rear wheel blead correctly or as expected, the passenger side rear wheel, and the driver's side front wheel however were very difficult to bleed. And aparently theres a small brake fluid leak in the system someware, I'm wondering if the bleeding symptoms are normal, or not. I'm gonna crawl under the car here when I get a chance to look for that brake fluid leak, but if anyone has any knowledge on how they're suposed to bleed, or why they don't bleed correctly, it's much apreciated, thanks everyone.:)

#2 subiemech85

subiemech85

SIX STAR SERVICE

• Members
  • 2,710 posts
  • down by the river

Posted 18 April 2004 - 03:11 PM

bleed the mc, hh, then the brake lines

#3 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 19 April 2004 - 02:46 AM

mc, hh? I'm unfimular with thoes abriviations.

#4 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,279 posts
  • Portland

Posted 19 April 2004 - 02:50 AM

Master Cylinder, and Hill Holder.

GD

#5 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 19 April 2004 - 02:52 AM

I did not realise thoes could be blead.... so that should fix the little not normal brake fluid flow to the brake system then? I'll check it out, thanks:D

#6 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,941 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:55 PM

I just swapped discs onto my brat and the pedal's softer than I like. How do you bleed the MC while it's in the car, and how do you bleed the HH?

#7 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,113 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 20 April 2004 - 04:56 PM

Andy, if all you did was remove the rears you shouldn't need to bleed the others unless you ran it dry of fluid. Probably just need to bleed it some more.

#8 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 21 April 2004 - 03:30 AM

I'm still interested in knowing how to bleed the mc and hh, is there little bleeder nipples on them or something?

#9 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,941 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 21 April 2004 - 05:07 PM

yeah, i'll try bleeding them more. I looked at the MC; it's got a front nipple and a back nipple. don't know if it matters what order you bleed them. no idea on the hill holder.
I do need to loosen the E brake a little though.

#10 bratman2

bratman2

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Aurora

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:13 PM

If the brakes have not been bleed in many years you could have particles of junk plug the bleeding nipple. Also you could have a flexible line that is coming apart inside working like a one way valve, seen this on a old chevy truck once.

#11 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,941 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 22 April 2004 - 06:25 PM

yeah, the rear calipers i put on the brat hadn't been in use for a while; i had to take out the bleeder screws and drill them out before i could bleed the brakes.

#12 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 23 April 2004 - 03:18 AM

ok, so when I get a chance, I'm going to bleed the master cylender, and hill holder, then I'm gonna go looking for the fluid leak, for all I know it could be a leaky bleeder nipple on the MC. Anyway, then I need to get new front roters and brake pads lol:banghead:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users