Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Seat Base, Seat Rails

Nico

I have a 1986 GL-10 and would like to know is the mounting points are the same between XT, XT6, GL, GL-10, RX 3 Door, Loyale ??

Wedge Brackets make seat base for the old Subaru,  but if I go to the dealership and cross reference my 1986 to these seat bases there not the same as the GL 2 DOOR 85 ?????

SUBARU Seat Brackets Driver Side Passenger Side DL XT COUPE 86 806 807             GL 2 DOOR 85 736 737     XT 6 87 822 823

I believe that the XT/XT6 use a different mount than the others.  The wagons and sedans should share the same mounting points throughout the run of the body style. The GL10 would probably show different rails because they can be height adjustable.

I have swapped tracks between gl, gl-10 and xt. This was for the purpose of using xt seats in a gl. The coupe seats were best to fit to because you had the flip back feature. using gl-10 seats for xt seats lets you use the height lever. You will have to use a spacer for theback of one of the rails.

Gl-10 seats, however swap in any gl non-xt

your part listing for an 85 gl 2 door would be an ea81 hatch. The ea82 coupe came out in 86. so 85 2 door would be ea81 specific, although there were ea82 wagons and sedans for 1985.