Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4x140 to 5x100 bolt pattern adapters

This post is an error.  You want to order Dorman p/n 610-320!  See my next post with an explanation and more information.

I was planning to head out to the local pull a part yard and knock out 10 studs for my two adapters.  Then I found this: http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-610-378-12Mm-12-5-42Mm-Wheel/dp/B000CISZLG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1381675239&sr=8-3&keywords=nissan+pathfinder+wheel+studs on amazon.  For 10, my total cost was $22.69 after standard shipping was added.

It pays to shop around.  Entering the Dorman part #610378 into the Rockauto catalog, I came up with a package of 10 shipped for $14.92!

Either option beats grovelling on the ground at pull a part after figuring in your time, gas, and access cost to the yard. 

Edited by edrach

hi everyone. 

confirming my material order this morning.  unfortunately, only 1 inch plate is available, meaning that the actual offset will be the same as the prototype at .8 inches. on the bright side, this will bring down the cost some. 

forgot to address this.  i should have kept my mouth shut until the bill was paid... the 'off the cuff' verbal quote i got was 30% cheaper than the actual bill.  i ended up paying exactly the same price to these guys for the thinner material as i would have for the thicker stuff at the other shop.  but I would have had to wait 6 weeks to get them. so ya... no price reduction.  

i am continuing to update the first post with 'official' information - specs, price, etc. 

well there's been some interest in my adapters, so im starting a vendor thread. 

heres the prototype: I have about 5000km on these, no problems yet.

2013-03-08173938_zpsbc7a8d3f.jpg

2013-03-09133950_zps8c6c4b1a.jpg

Stock material is 6061 T6 aluminum.  standard material for all internet wheel spacers. 

MOUNTING INFO

• the 4x140 pattern is tapped with a M12 x 1.5 thread to facilitate bolting through the original stud holes to the hub. i will supply M12  x 30mm class 10.9 mounting bolts.  you need to knock out your studs and put the bolts in their place, torque is 72 ft-lbs, blue locktite MANDATORY!  retorque after 100kms. 

STUD INFO - DORMAN 610-320 is recommended

• the 5 x 100 pattern is drilled for an M12 1.25 stud with a 12.8mm knurl.  the stud head size that i used was 19mm dia, by 4.5mm deep. check your stud head diameter and thickness before installing. you may need to grind them a bit. these holes are a PRESS FIT.  i had to put about 1000psi on mine to get them seated - i may make that a little looser, lol. but you really don't want them to spin, so tight is good.  Length of studs needed is M12  x 40mm long.  Nissan pathfinder studs are  M12 1.25 x 41.5mm - they should be close enough, you make the call.  I am not providing studs. 

CENTER BORE

its 1.98 inches.  you may have to grind your 36mm socket. mine fits.

RIM CENTERING 

these provide a 7/8 offset, with a 3.5mm tall lip to center the rim on.

price will be 60$ a piece. for one adapter and 4 mounting bolts

thanks soobydoo, capn_r , 86BRATMAN, and bratman18 for the initial interest here: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/137844-matts-gl-sedan/ 

edit note - i am filling in the necessary finalized details in bold , as i nail it all down. 

I'm quoting it so it brings it up on this page.

Sorry about posting an error.  Interesting how I got there.  I did a search on Amazon for Nissan Pathfinder studs and came up with the wrong number.  Using that number I ordered a set of 10 from Rockauto.  Fortunately, Matt caught the error and texted me the correct Dorman part number.  Since it was Sunday, I called Rockauto (they are answering the phone today!!!) and cancelled my original order.  Then went back and ordered the correct item.  So finally the correct info is:

Dorman p/n 610-320 from Rockauto: Bag of 10 for $15.32 shipped to my work address.

Sorry about posting an error.  Interesting how I got there.  I did a search on Amazon for Nissan Pathfinder studs and came up with the wrong number.  Using that number I ordered a set of 10 from Rockauto.  Fortunately, Matt caught the error and texted me the correct Dorman part number.  Since it was Sunday, I called Rockauto (they are answering the phone today!!!) and cancelled my original order.  Then went back and ordered the correct item.  So finally the correct info is:

Dorman p/n 610-320 from Rockauto: Bag of 10 for $15.32 shipped to my work address.

it is still a pathfinder stud, just for a new one, not an old junkyard pathfinder. glad they cancelled it for you. 

you guys get much better deals on studs in the 'states.  best canadian deal i could find was almost 4$ a piece, haha

Edited by matts87glsedan

it is still a pathfinder stud, just for a new one, not an old junkyard pathfinder. glad they cancelled it for you. 

you guys get much better deals on studs in the 'states.  best canadian deal i could find was almost 4$ a piece, haha

You might try to see if rockauto will ship to Canada.

I checked Amazon (they probably ship to Canada) and the best price for the 610-320 I could find there was $2.29 (US) each plus shipping.Still not a bargain, but almost half price compared to what you were getting..

Edited by edrach

Done, this is now

The Official List:

86BRATMAN - 1 pair

edrach           - 1 pair

dudesmccool - 2 pair

subaruguru    - 2 pair   

soobydoo       - 2 pair

86GLAK          - 2 pair

ftwneon          - 2 pair

i will edit this post as others sign up...  feel free to spread the word :) .  once i get to 20 pieces , i'll order the material.  

heres where things are right now.

86Bratman - out
edrach - paid and shipped
dudesmccool - out
subaruguru - did not reply
soobydoo - did not reply
86GLAK- out
ftwneon - unconfirmed

so i have 5 pairs officially up for grabs.

I'm waiting on replies from okvaa, and seventythree.  Turbone, looks like a pair is yours - i'll PM you 

Hubs arrived today, thank you.  I'll make sure I have my stuff together and have the studs pressed in this week.  Hopefully the adapters will  be mounted on the brat this weekend. 

Update: My craftsman 36mm socket fits fine through the center bore.

Also pressing the studs out of the old wheel  hubs  is proving to be harder than I expected.  Too much rust.

glad they got there, i was wondering.  too bad about the rusty hubs, all mine knocked out with a BFH quite easy.

You must have newer hubs.  But it wasn't a problem.  I let them soak for 2 hours with some Yield and the press took them out much more easily now.  Somehow I wasn't comfortable with the BFH.

Edited by edrach

I'm interested in a set of 4 of these if there are any still available.

Confirmed to work on the front and rear of a EA82 w/ disk brakes all around?

Tex, I should have mine ready to install shortly.  You can check them for fit if you need to.  I won't be able to mount on the Brat for a week or two for reasons unrelated to the adapters.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...