Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4x140 to 5x100 bolt pattern adapters

• 5 months later...

well there's been some interest in my adapters, so im starting a vendor thread.

heres the prototype: I have about 5000km on these, no problems yet.

2013-03-08173938_zpsbc7a8d3f.jpg

2013-03-09133950_zps8c6c4b1a.jpg

Stock material is 6061 T6 aluminum. standard material for all internet wheel spacers.

MOUNTING INFO

• the 4x140 pattern is tapped with a M12 x 1.5 thread to facilitate bolting through the original stud holes to the hub. i will supply M12 x 30mm class 10.9 mounting bolts. you need to knock out your studs and put the bolts in their place, torque is 72 ft-lbs, blue locktite MANDATORY! retorque after 100kms.
  • Note how the bolt sticks thru a TINY bit on the above pic. This needs to be touched with an angle grinder or just filed off. I wanted max thread engagement, so you have to live with this.
STUD INFO - DORMAN 610-320 is recommended
  • the 5 x 100 pattern is drilled for an M12 1.25 stud with a 12.8mm knurl. the stud head size that i used was 19mm dia, by 4.5mm deep. check your stud head diameter and thickness before installing. you may need to grind them a bit. these holes are a PRESS FIT. i had to put about 1000psi on mine to get them seated, but you really don't want them to spin, so tight is good. Length of studs needed is M12 x 40mm long. Nissan pathfinder studs are M12 1.25 x 41.5mm - they should be close enough, you make the call. I am not providing studs.
  • When pressing - make sure the receiving die under the adapter is as small as possible, while still clearing the stud threads. A bit of oil is ok. Freezing the studs overnight may help too, but dont heat gun the adapter you may wreck the temper.
CENTER BORE

its 1.98 inches. you may have to grind your 36mm socket. mine fits.

RIM CENTERING

these provide a 7/8 offset, with a 3.5mm tall lip to center the rim on.

price will be 60$ a piece. for one adapter and 4 mounting bolts

thanks soobydoo, capn_r , 86BRATMAN, and bratman18 for the initial interest here: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/137844-matts-gl-sedan/

edit note - i am filling in the necessary finalized details in bold , as i nail it all down.

I really need a pair of these for the rear end.

Edited by Suber_Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

This is a poor way to update the lug pattern.  A 5-lug swap nets better geometry, stronger wheel bearings, larger brakes and a wider array of replacement items like rotors, pads, calipers, etc.

If that's too large a project, redrilling the hubs for a 6x5.5" lug pattern gets you bolt on wheels that can be found anywhere, in any size.

• 3 months later...
On 6/10/2020 at 2:19 PM, carfreak85 said:

This is a poor way to update the lug pattern.  A 5-lug swap nets better geometry, stronger wheel bearings, larger brakes and a wider array of replacement items like rotors, pads, calipers, etc.

If that's too large a project, redrilling the hubs for a 6x5.5" lug pattern gets you bolt on wheels that can be found anywhere, in any size.

That's fine and dandy if you can find xt6 parts.

• 2 years later...

Hi all, New on this LOL

Have 93 JDM CARB SUBARU GL(LEONE-LOYALE) EA71 5MT 4x2 WAGON with OEM wheels (4x140) and what to adapt /convert to 100 or 114 mm. It doesn't matter if 4 or 5 lug nuts. 

Any easy non expensive solution?

Note: I live in Costa Rica so it's incredibly difficult to find car yards with or spare parts

Thanks!!

Edited by Costa_Rica_Mike
Adding info

40 minutes ago, Costa_Rica_Mike said:

Hi all, New on this LOL

Have 93 JDM CARB SUBARU GL(LEONE-LOYALE) EA71 5MT 4x2 WAGON with OEM wheels (4x140) and what to adapt /convert to 100 or 114 mm. It doesn't matter if 4 or 5 lug nuts. 

Any easy non expensive solution?

Note: I live in Costa Rica so it's incredibly difficult to find car yards with or spare parts

Thanks!!

paging @Loyale 2.7 Turbo , he is in Honduras but may have a suggestion.

Welcome fellow from Costa-Rica, 

Greetings from Honduras...

On 4/4/2023 at 2:11 PM, Costa_Rica_Mike said:

... I live in Costa Rica so it's incredibly difficult to find car yards with or spare parts ...

...The same thing here.

On 4/4/2023 at 2:52 PM, 1 Lucky Texan said:

paging @Loyale 2.7 Turbo , he is in Honduras but may have a suggestion.

Yes, you can see how I drive my Subaru "BumbleBeast"

with a Redrilled 114.3 Pattern, since the 1990's Decade:

~► https://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/174295-reverting-6-lug-to-4x140-then-adapter-to-4x100/?do=findComment&comment=1441832

Kind Regards.

• Like 1