Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm pretty confident it will fit in the back of the Taurus, I've had a Toyota w56 trans with t-case in the back of my legacy sedan with little issue and it still had the shifters installed making it a little taller than an ej. The Taurus in those years was about the same trunk size if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

I've fit an ej22 with the crank pulley and bottom bell housing studs removed into the back of a first gen impreza sedan.... A taurus is much larger than that. Also a good trick is to remove the spare tire, gives a huge amount of extra room in the trunk of any car.

Well if I can't find one that's an AT model for testing I'm just going to let it sit until I get the Cometic Head Gasket EJ22ET set so I can put the 2.5 DHOC heads on and have the coolant passages line up right, besides the amount of rain we had here in the past week I doubt I can get the engine lift out of the basement with all that soggy soil.

If you're putting 2.5 heads on a 2.2, you should use 25 headgasktes. Otherwise the firing ring will be inside the head chamber.

Auto and manual engines interchange, so that doesn't matter. You need to use a flexplate that matches the transmission, anyway. 

Haha this car's weight makes it so slow, I've gotta start calling some of these places to see what's the prices are, what I have a feeling I will be doing is just getting the heads today.. Only because I don't have a place to put the engine right now and I in no shape or forum will be trying to lift that engine myself (I'm 126 Lb) The 5MT from a dead lift was bad enough but once in your hands it was easy as pie.

I can get the L&R heads for about $150 and at least I wont have to worry much about rain on it since it's muddy like crazy..

Sounds like the better option, then on the day of the swap (sometime next week) get the engine and pull the engine lift out, because I still have to wait for those cometic gaskets I ordered anyways.