Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 Cooling System Upgrades and Other Possible Upgrades

Since summer is upon us in the great state of Washington and I put a lot of miles on my car. I've been considering cooling upgrades, oil upgrades, and electrical mods.

Since the ER27 is basically an EA, is the water pump able to be swapped? In which case is the oil pump able to be as well? How about higher amp alt swaps, there is a Nissan one that's easy isn't there?

Oil pumps are different, but I have not had eyeballs on the ER27 one to see if it could be modded to fit (it has about 50% more capacity).

Amazon has an inexpensive "quick oil change" kit which is really a remote filter kit with some other stuff to allow "easier oil changes" for under $30.  Great deal.  With this, you can easily add an oil cooler.

look up maxima on this site for the alternator swap.  it basically just needs  a plug and the pulley swapped, but some years case stock with an adaptor plug.

carefull with the oil cooler, colder isnt always better.  if it were me I would just rig a toggle to the fan in addition to the normal sensor switch.  if you want the motor to run colder switch it on.  if it still doesnt stay cool enough you likley have an issue

• Like 2