Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

new owner of a 79 brat!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 1GenBrat

1GenBrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • San Antonio, TX

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

hi all, I'm new here and just got my hands on my friends brat. He found it in Oklahoma but joined the air force. So i decided to buy it from him and try to get it running! I've been looking for parts for about 3 months now, and realized just how difficult it is to find them. So any help from the forums would be greatly appreciated 

Attached Files

#2 biffanyus

biffanyus

79 Brat

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • West Palm Beach, FL

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Nice looking brat. What parts are you looking for??

#3 1GenBrat

1GenBrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • San Antonio, TX

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

thanks, im looking for a new tailgate, the one it has is all rusted out, a passenger side mirror, driver tail light. I'm sure there are other parts, but those are the most critical right now. I've been looking online and cant find anything. Is there a good place to find parts for these things? 

#4 AKghandi

AKghandi

87 GL-10 2" lift 27" tires, 86 GL 2" lift 29"

• Members
  • 1,056 posts
  • Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

the forsale section on this forum is going to be your best bet, you might get lucky on ebay. rockauto usually has mechanical parts.

#5 O.C.D.

O.C.D.

Subaru Fanatic!

• Validating
  • 690 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

Basically be prepared to wait.  Parts come up in waves it seems.  Some months dry and then boom.  Just remember, you have a pretty old Brat.

#6 1GenBrat

1GenBrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • San Antonio, TX

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

hmm ok thanks for the help, i do enjoy the rust, gives it a lot of character! all i need to do it get it wired correctly. Apparently the owner broke the key in the ignition, bought a new side ignition and spliced it in. Now the voltage reg over heats and is melting the wires.

#7 Sholing Uteman

Sholing Uteman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Southampton , England

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Hey there, I too have just bought a 1980 MV1600 (BRAT to you) here in England . They are EXTREMELY rare here as most rusted away years ago . I am looking for a few bits as well. I need a plastic 4 wheel drive badge for the tailgate and both chrome strips that run along the sides under the door. You are more likely to find stuff over there , but if I can help ? just give me a shout "MO"

#8 biffanyus

biffanyus

79 Brat

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • West Palm Beach, FL

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Nice England brat for sure mate!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users