Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What is a beige over brown 88 GL wagon worth - Texas car.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 imautoparts

imautoparts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

No rust, four wheel drive,  interior nice, 87,000 miles on the odometer.  Manual transmission, brown cloth seats are perfect.

Missing exhaust.  Exterior has "patina" - very faded.  Car is in North Indiana.

Shifter boot torn and strangely takes up most of the space between the seats.  Do they still sell the shifter boots?

Are these good cars?  My usual motto is:  If there is no rust whatsoever, buy it.  Does this apply here?  How much is it worth?

Edited by imautoparts, 11 June 2013 - 11:08 PM.

#2 tractor pole

tractor pole

[catch phrase here]

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • Monroe, WA

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

it depends on what part of the country you are in, in the Northwest you could get around $1000 in described condition.

but in the rust belt you might get closer to $2000 because they are rarely in no rust condition.

without pictures it is really hard to gauge price

this is my opinion and does not represent actual sales data..

Edited by tractor pole, 11 June 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#3 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,416 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

its worth nothing without pics

#4 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,353 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

I have a brown 3door I found in Fort Wayne. Funny thing is i move away from there, and then the cleanest ea82's start showing up there. I would bet the car drove in from a rust free state. 

If there is no rust get it. I would get it myself if you passed it up. But i already have 5 soobs and no room for another one.

I recommend yo be mechanically inclined to own this car, because i would hate to see it go to junk over a broken axle or timing belt. these cars are easy to work on Good luck

#5 el_freddo

el_freddo

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • Lancefield, Vic, Aust.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

If you can spin a spanner and read a DIY manual you'll find these machine's pretty easy to work on!

I know I've had fun with mine - it's not the same vehicle I originally purchased but I still love it and it's all subaru :D

Cheers

Bennie

#6 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,094 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Likely if you find a rusty car with a good interior, you could swap over the seats and vinyl parts that are damaged into this good rust free car.  I would ONLY buy it though if it was 4WD.  FWD = nearly worthless.

#7 rdweninger

rdweninger

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • Tillamook, OR

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

Well, the 1985 FWD EA82 wagon with 85,000 original miles that I bought a year ago is NOT worthless. 

FWD in Texas works fine.  And actually works fine in Oregon 361 days / year.

#8 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,416 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

my first car was a 81 glf fwd. it was awesome. so theres no argument there....without taking this thread down a path its not meant for, the car remains worthless to me without seeing it. 85k miles is worse imho sometimes due to the mathematical fact that that soob has sat for awhile. wheres the pics?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users