Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help - Water in my oil - 1982 GL Wagon

Hello,

The car runs geat but there is water in my oil.  Does this mean one or both head gaskets are blown?  Is there a way of checking?  If only one gasket is bad should I replace only the bad one?  Could it be something else?  The car doesn't seem to get hot but I haven't driven it long.  The engine is a stock 1800

Thanks for looking

doesnt have to be a blown head gasket, but thats a common symptom of a blown head gasket.  how much water are we talking about, is the whole oil system is creamy?  its common to get creamy oil on the inside top of the fill cap from condensation. 

id do both at the same time, minimal cost and effort once your tearing one out.  

Also can be intake gaskets or Carb base gaskets but also a good possibility it's headgaskets too.

EA81 headgaskets are Super easy....te hardest part is getting the intake off and out of the way....the heads are easy.

Also can be intake gaskets or Carb base gaskets but also a good possibility it's headgaskets too.

EA81 headgaskets are Super easy....te hardest part is getting the intake off and out of the way....the heads are easy.

If it was in the intake gaskets wouldn't it be burning coolant not getting it in the oil?