Ultimate Subaru Message Board

94 Legacy Door Panel Removal

I need to remove the door panel on my 94 Legacy to fix the door handle. It looks like 2 screws near the speaker, 1 underneath the armrest, and 1 at the top of the inside handle. Then it is just popping the clips and lifting and removing. Am I missing anything? Thanks.

It's a piece of cake.....

First remove the three screws around the speaker grill. Next pop out the little plug below the door handle....remove the screw.......take a small flat head remove the black foam piece at the top of the door handle to reveal a screw.

next take that small flathead and press ever so slightly at the pivot point of the door lock button. There are two clips there, one on top, and bottom. And you need to push the clips (up for the top one) (down for the bottom one) to unclip it. Then there is a third clip on the front. Simply hold the door handle open, and push the plastic piece forward.....it should unclip itself.....then wiggle that piece out.

Next run your finger around the edges of the door to pop off the little clips.....then when everything's off.....slide the panel up and backwards.....to unhook it from the top......and you'll need to unclip the electrical too. It's easier to do this with the window down btw.