Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey guys-

While putting my summer tires back on last night, my reliable jack somehow seized up and now won't budge. I bent the hell out of the handle trying to get it out too, unfortunately...so it looks like I need a new one.

I'd like to get an original Subie one since they fit in the compartments so conveniently. I've tried all the online parts stores...anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

I know you said you wanted one that would fit in the compartment, but my Subaru jack stripped out also, so why would you want another one. Let me suggest the little jack that Wal Mart sells it looks like it is part bottle jack and part scissor jack it comes in a small black case so it does not rattle. It works great and it does not take up much room in the back. However if you want one that will fit I bought one from Northern tools before I bought the Wal Mart jack it works well and fit in the compartment it looks almost like the Subaru Jack, I dont know if they still carry it but you could check their web site. On the Wal Mart jack I am not taking about the small floor jack in the black case, its the small hyd. scissor jack in the black case.

Put some grease on the jack that stripped out last week. It's working again after some convincing. I wonder is it's good to keep the threads greased all the time. I'm glad it works because it's nice to have the jack that fits in the compartment. (Junk yard didn't have any Subaru jacks.)

-cl