Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ecu Code 33

It sounds like you have the test mode connectors connected. I believe this code simply means that the computer has entered "feedback" mode. The engine has reached operating temperature, and everything is working as it should. Doesn't sound like a fault code to me. Unplug those connectors and see if you get any codes after that.

GD

Okay I remember earlier today when I was trying to get my stereo to work plugging together two green harness one with two prongs and one with only one. I think this is what was bringing out the 33 code. (test code showing me all is okay?) I unplugged them with the power off and turned the key to on and got a code 12. Ignition puls system. Is that distributor? =)

Thanks for any info

Joshua

I am not saying thats not where the computer came from (salvage title) But I have a 2wd 5 spd.

Yeah I figured out the same thing. I figure my car is fine! I am thinking about adding a little window for my ECU though. Its kinda nifty to watch it come on when I drive. When I accelerate hard it comes on steady. ::shrug::

General do you know if 83 GL's came with an always on memory (always hot) wire for the memory of the radio (presets and such) I notice they didnt have digital radios? so maybe they didnt someone cut all the harness out of mine so I am having trouble. I also hear there is an issue with fitting cd players in em.

PS where can I get better mechanical data for my model of SOob?

Thanks

The high end GL-10 models had digital radios sometimes, and there *should* be a wire down there that's always on.... if not, you can always splice into the ignition wire, as it's always hot. That's what lots of stereo shops do.

As for trouble installing a CD player - they are probably refering to the fact that subaru used a common ground system on the speakers. The left channel speakers use the same ground, and the right channel uses the same ground. So there's 4 speakers total, and only two ground wires. Personally, I think the stock speakers suck, and rewireing them all, and installing new speaks is highly reccomended.

Installation is easily accomplished with this $15 kit you can order from any stereo shop (it's for EA82 model cars, so make sure you mention that - works just fine for EA81's too tho):

84_wagon_deck.jpg

GD