Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ecu Code 33

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Geck512

Geck512

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Corvallis Oregon

Posted 18 April 2004 - 10:07 PM

I think this one means main system in feedback.
Any ideas what this means?
Thank you.
Joshua

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 18 April 2004 - 10:27 PM

It sounds like you have the test mode connectors connected. I believe this code simply means that the computer has entered "feedback" mode. The engine has reached operating temperature, and everything is working as it should. Doesn't sound like a fault code to me. Unplug those connectors and see if you get any codes after that.

GD

#3 Geck512

Geck512

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Corvallis Oregon

Posted 18 April 2004 - 10:39 PM

Hmm Sounds good I will try that now.
Thanks General Disorder Check back in a few?:brow:

Joshua

#4 Geck512

Geck512

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Corvallis Oregon

Posted 18 April 2004 - 10:50 PM

Okay I remember earlier today when I was trying to get my stereo to work plugging together two green harness one with two prongs and one with only one. I think this is what was bringing out the 33 code. (test code showing me all is okay?) I unplugged them with the power off and turned the key to on and got a code 12. Ignition puls system. Is that distributor? =)

Thanks for any info

Joshua

#5 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 18 April 2004 - 11:03 PM

Ah! You are apparently using one of the flawed code charts that I have seen floating around the internet. A code 12 is a model designation - it simply tells what type of car you have. Completely normal.

If my manual is correct - you have a 2WD Automatic, 49 states model???

GD

#6 Geck512

Geck512

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Corvallis Oregon

Posted 18 April 2004 - 11:28 PM

I am not saying thats not where the computer came from (salvage title) But I have a 2wd 5 spd.

Yeah I figured out the same thing. I figure my car is fine! I am thinking about adding a little window for my ECU though. Its kinda nifty to watch it come on when I drive. When I accelerate hard it comes on steady. ::shrug::

General do you know if 83 GL's came with an always on memory (always hot) wire for the memory of the radio (presets and such) I notice they didnt have digital radios? so maybe they didnt someone cut all the harness out of mine so I am having trouble. I also hear there is an issue with fitting cd players in em.

PS where can I get better mechanical data for my model of SOob?
Thanks

#7 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 18 April 2004 - 11:59 PM

The high end GL-10 models had digital radios sometimes, and there *should* be a wire down there that's always on.... if not, you can always splice into the ignition wire, as it's always hot. That's what lots of stereo shops do.

As for trouble installing a CD player - they are probably refering to the fact that subaru used a common ground system on the speakers. The left channel speakers use the same ground, and the right channel uses the same ground. So there's 4 speakers total, and only two ground wires. Personally, I think the stock speakers suck, and rewireing them all, and installing new speaks is highly reccomended.

Installation is easily accomplished with this $15 kit you can order from any stereo shop (it's for EA82 model cars, so make sure you mention that - works just fine for EA81's too tho):

Posted Image

GD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users