Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to the forums, and new to Subaru. 2001 Legacy GT Limited

Hello all.

I've just purchased my first Subaru two nights ago and I can safely say I am abolutely in love with this thing.

Its a 2001 Legacy GT Limited. The powertrain and drivetrain are supposedly 100% stock but the entire suspension is from a 2007 STI. He said shocks, springs, swaybars, bushings, hubs, wheels and tires. Only the rotors and calipers are stock. I cant confirm that part of it yet, but left to right and front to back all 4 corners visually matched, were clean and neatly sorted out, appeared OEM, and the thing drives like a dream. Its not slammed, but has a muscular looking hunkered stance. The guy showed me lots of reciepts and papers proving the alignment was true. It handles great! Rides a little stiffer than my wifes Fusion, and hugs corners like a champ, but doesnt beat the snot out of you on bumps either.

The exterior has its dings here and there but its a 12 year old car.....thats to be expected. The PO had trendy Grenade, Quick Silver, and DC stickers on the rear side windows....those were the first to go. But otherwise its gorgeous.

The interior is immaculate! I cant say enough about it!

Overall, I finally feel like Ive obtained my goal of having a fun daily driver, that fits the family and isnt hum drum boring. The wife likes it as much as I do, and I finally get to pull my 4Runner off the street for some much needed love!

Now to the good stuff....

post-48349-48230_thumb.jpg

post-48349-82107_thumb.jpg

Edited by KingJerd
  • Like 1